Bow hunters are just good folks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow hunters are just good folks.

This might be a little long and I appologize beforehand but I want to share this story. This past weekend my son in law John and I went down to the lease in Tilden to take a chance at a final buck. No bucks showed for me but a nice fat doe gave me an opportunity at 17 -18 yds. I took the shot and my shaft seemed to fly funny. I hit her high as she dropped like a pair of cheap sock. I mean I hit her really high, like in the backstraps. I waited the appropriat amount of time and went looking. No blood, no arrow. Looked for about 3 hours and nothing. Finally gave in feeling really frustrated. Went to town with John to get grub and when we returned about 3 pm there was a note and a portion of my arrow saying our neighbors on the adjoining lease (I was hunting appx 60 yds from the deviding fence) had found my doe and to call. I did and they said they would bring it right over. They did and even tho I had shot her at 7:15 am they found her at 1 pm still alive but very sick. They dispatched her with a rifle shot to the neck and removed the poop shoot to stop spoilage. This impressed me. Bowhunters are just good folks. Bob

I agree that they seem to be a different breed- Glad you were ab le to recover her with a little help.

Comment

I keep telling people that your bows have unlimited cast, Bob. They are just too flat shooting. Your gonna have to start aiming at their feet. Either that or she ducked a little. So glad you had a recovery. It probably makes you as sick as it does me to lose one. It's nice to know you hunt next to more bow hunters, and good guys to boot.

Comment

Good deal Bob, glad to hear there are some good folks still running around.

Congrats on the doe!

Comment

Great story BOB glad you got her!! And yes bowhunters are a different breed!!!

Comment

Nice feel good story!! Glad you recovered your doe and yes I agree bowhunters are special people.

Bob,
            By the way I sent you an e-mail.

Comment

I have a hundred stories just like that. This past weekend my fiends gave up their time to help me trail a hog. others gave up a shot opportunity for themselves to chase pigs past me. Others have taken the time to teach me to shoot or to improve in my shooting. Archers are just good folks.

Comment

is that written in IRISH Bob?

Comment

Originally posted by Longstick View Post
                  is that written in IRISH Bob?

Comment

Faith and bagorny, I went to the very same high school in the very same year.

Comment

Originally posted by bob sarrels View Post
                      Faith and bagorny, I went to the very same high school in the very same year.

Comment

Working...
                      X