misc pics of 09 new horne longbow gets double fist day out

Here's Sam's deer.

[ATTACH]128285[/ATTACH]

And Javelina

[ATTACH]128286[/ATTACH]

And a baby gar.

[ATTACH]128281[/ATTACH]

Comment

Here is my 2nd traditional harvest. Got her sunday morning, so far I am 2 for 2 hopefully my luck continues.
        Last edited by mesquite; 05-12-2011, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Nice critters, Sam and Roland!

Cangrats,

Bisch

Comment

Well here's my contibution to this thread, it is my "first" animal harvested with Traditional gear. I shot it up at my family's farm in Crockett, Texas. It's not the biggest buck I have killed but the sweetest! I want to mention some thanks to some very special people that post here.
            First Mark Johnson for inviting me to his "fun" shoot and all the great information shared. Secondly but not least, Chris Brown for the insight and both written and verbal on the importance of a consistent anchor point and form, and allowing me to shoot his bow. (I was paying attention)
            When I went to the shoot it wasnt even with a bow I had shot any it was just on the rack and I did go just for fun! I was still in the restoration process with the bow I shot this buck with. With alot of practice and determination and encouragement I succeeded. I used a 1959 Kodiak Special #50 with 5575 GT trad shafts, 100gr brass inserts and 125 gr.Phantom 4blades. With a good set-up in my Summit climber I connected at about 5-6 yards. He came patroling through looking for a date, but it was a date with destiny...

Many thanks to Jay77 and Jeremy360 both helped in the recovery and provided great company at camp. It was great hunting with the both of you...

Comment

Hoof, Great buck! Congrats man, sure wish I could have been there to see that Roger Raglin smile you got!! I knew I should have called in sick this week!

(what is the deal with these trad guys and the silly do-rags???) I

Comment

Hoof, nice deer congrats!

Comment

That is a hoody not a do-rag... Thanks though, it was the same feeling when I shot my first deer with a bow only sweeter!

Comment

Great first trad harvest, Hoof!

Congrats,

Bisch

Comment

Congrats Hoof nice buck you did good.

Comment

Great job Hoof!! I will be going after my first this weekend also. Will not be picky about doe or buck!!

Comment

Nice deer Hoof and done with the bow YOU gave the facelift to. That makes it sweeter.

Shawn

Comment

Nice pics. Congrats to all!

Comment

Nice buck...with a redone bow...thats SATISFACTION!

Comment

Hoof,

Thanks so much for the mention, and you are always welcome to come shoot with me...too bad we live so far apart. Congrats on a very fine buck, well done.

We have a nice little community here where everyone tries to help and encourage each other. I am really glad to be a part of it.

Good job to all who have posted pics of their successes. Keep em comin.

Comment

Working...
                                X