TBH Trad Hog Hunt 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcj jones View Post
    This sounds like a lot of fun. Obviously i'm late here, but can anyone explain what this event is and how I may be apart of it next year?
    Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
    Basically, this is a gathering of friends that enjoys getting together and hunting pigs in Texas with Traditional archery equipment. I organize the hunt each year and give first preference to the guys from last year's hunt. Most of the time I fill the hunt with prior year's hunters but occasionally will have a spot open up for a newcomer.
    Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
    Hunters need not apply if you don’t enjoy hanging out with a bunch of fun loving jackasses that enjoy talking crap to each other and sharing stories around a campfire along with a few drinks. There’s a chance a memorable event of some sort will happen and you’ll think... “That was so cool how fast that guy reacted when that hog tried to get his ***! He must be some kinda of Ninja!” or “How did Eric make such an amazing heart shot on that hog from 30 yards away?” Definitely a great time and my favorite hunt of the year.
    Originally posted by TXMark View Post
    That is a pretty good description of the hunt. Thanks for not mentioning the male nudity and exploding campfires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I look forward to these yearly get togethers with friends with much anticipation. The hunting is a blast for sure, but the antics, food and camaraderie are what make the the weekend so special.
    -Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
      Nice job on the arrows LJ. Just need some red on the fletching. Beautiful bow! What is the wood?
      Elm

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't forget the pancakes

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

3 - weeks.

Comment

We are getting closer! Man!, I look forward to this hunt every year.

Comment

I'm almost ready, got some new broadheads coming.

Comment

I'm almost ready, got some new broadheads coming.
                What kind?

Comment

What kind?
                  Simmons 205 grain Safari. Now, if I can just figure out how to get them sharp.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Simmons 205 grain Safari. Now, if I can just figure out how to get them sharp.
                    I just bought some sharks and used a file to get them close then finished with a RADA using very light pressure toward the end. They are very sharp compared to what I usually settle for. You and your brother packed yet?

Comment

I just bought some sharks and used a file to get them close then finished with a RADA using very light pressure toward the end. They are very sharp compared to what I usually settle for. You and your brother packed yet?
                      Started getting things ready, but not packed yet.

Comment

I love the Tigersharks and Safaris!

Comment

Working on this years T shirt. Here is a preview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lookin' good Mark.

Comment

Shirts look good Mark

Comment

Very nice Mark!

Comment

Working...
                                X