Hunting Accuracy/Proficiency ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had an evil thought.

What would really perk this test up, would be to have to shoot with the scoring rings turned to the backside where you couldn't see them.

That would force you to have to focus, or try to focus on center of the empty blank plate.

Then you would just turn the plate around, and score the holes.

I "might" try that tomorrow, or over the weekend. Have to get my nerve up.

Rick

Comment

Sounds good to me, I’ll try when I’m back from Fredericksburg. I definitely shoot circles better than something that doesn’t draw my attention to the center.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        Good shooting Gary!!!!

I guess I gotta work even harder now that I know you are after me Chuck!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Yeah until I put up a challenge target. It's tougher when it counts.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw Bisch shoot more arrows in one weekend than I do in a busy week. And he put dead animals in the cart. That's the kind of thing I am striving for. That confidence when an animal is in front of me that I can make the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            I saw Bisch shoot more arrows in one weekend than I do in a busy week. And he put dead animals in the cart. That's the kind of thing I am striving for. That confidence when an animal is in front of me that I can make the shot.

LOL, I have seen him shoot more arrows in a weekend than I do sometimes in a half a year. Cool thing about that is - Most of those arrows found their mark for him.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
              I just had an evil thought.

What would really perk this test up, would be to have to shoot with the scoring rings turned to the backside where you couldn't see them.

That would force you to have to focus, or try to focus on center of the empty blank plate.

Then you would just turn the plate around, and score the holes.

I "might" try that tomorrow, or over the weekend. Have to get my nerve up.

Rick

I don’t see what that would accomplish as far as hunting goes??? When I shoot at a critter, I definitely have a finite spot I am concentrating on. About the only exception to that would be night hunting pigs under a full moon. It’s pretty much silhouette shooting in that case.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                I don’t see what that would accomplish as far as hunting goes??? When I shoot at a critter, I definitely have a finite spot I am concentrating on. About the only exception to that would be night hunting pigs under a full moon. It’s pretty much silhouette shooting in that case.

Bisch

Oh I agree. Like I said, it was an evil thought.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                  I'm "never" happy. I'm always trying to improve. The day I get the "that's good enough" attitude, I'll move on to something else, but I have a long way to go before that ever happens.

Rick

Don’t know how I missed this when you posted it! I am a firm believer that if a guy ever thinks he is good enough, that is the point that he will cease to improve more!!!!!

In a typical 30 target 3D shoot where 12’s are not counted, the highest score possible is a 300. I have never seen a 300 shot on such a course, and truly doubt I ever will. Until a guy can do that with some consistency, he is not as good as is possible, so there is still room for improvement.

I shoot nearly every day of my life, always trying to get better!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I guess I should've made the happy dots a wee bit larger than 1 /34" for the FSC this week.
                    Maybe 8 1/4" larger!

No one has scored more than two bulls in a row and participation has been low.

I was going to blame the weather, but apparently not! LOL

I'll try the paper plate to see if I improve.

Todd

Comment

Well, I don't have any paper plates... I do have a 9" dart board target that I have been saving. I broke it out yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised from 20 and 25 yards.

I know this is for fun more than a proficiency test. That being said, my hunting range shot distance always seems to be right at 13 yards. That 13 yards has held true for my many years of compound hunting as well as traditional hunting in recent years. Not always 13 yards but pretty darn close over the years.

I was thinking before I shot that anyone that shoots 3D that averages 240 or better would be OK on this "test". Well, 9" is smaller than a lot of 8 rings on 3D animals. It was fun, thanks Rick!!!

Comment

Yup. Rick really lit up this board and Leatherwall Stickbow as well with this post.

Comment

Originally posted by twillgo View Post
                          Yup. Rick really lit up this board and Leatherwall Stickbow as well with this post.

I can't take much more of this abuse.

Rick

Comment

Hey Rick, you know you don’t have be accurate, as long as your a killer! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
                              Hey Rick, you know you don’t have be accurate, as long as your a killer! LOL!
                              Evidently, according to some.

Comment

Sounds like I’m missing a good one over there! Too much drama over there for me to even log on!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X