X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Todd.

Comment

Originally posted by BDann View Post
      Shot this little guy on Thanksgiving Day. It’s hard to hold out for a big one when the little ones keep tempting you!
      Way to go Brian!!!! Congrats bud

Comment

Congratulations to everyone ! Seems like there's an abundance of trad harvests this year, which is great !

Comment

chuckc got a nice mgmt buck!!!

Way to go Chuck!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Zoomed it in a little for ya, so everyone can see your smiling face!!!! [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good work fellas!!

Comment

Congrats to everyone! Including this morning I have 8 sits in a row without seeing a single deer - feeders, trails, field edges, nothing. I did shoot at a couple of squirrels this morning but I missed - at least I loosed a couple ofarrows

Comment

Awesome congrats everyone

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Congrats to everyone! Including this morning I have 8 sits in a row without seeing a single deer - feeders, trails, field edges, nothing. I did shoot at a couple of squirrels this morning but I missed - at least I loosed a couple ofarrows
                    Man, and I thought it was me! Haven’t seen one the last 5 sits.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      I was just gonna complain about mine but yours is worse.
                      I feel better now though. Thanx for posting. [emoji23]

Gary

Comment

Good shootin Chuck! Congrats!

Comment

Just kidding Jerp but it does help with my perspective of what slow deer movement is.

Gary

Comment

Well I finally got a weekend to hit the lease and it has been slow. Slow by our standards Mr. Jerp. Which I guess I'm pretty spoiled. Only one 1.5 year old buck this morning and this evening a couple of young but promising deer. Then about 5:45 three deer filtered in. A 3yo nine, a 2yo 8 and about 5:55 a doe that appeared to be about 3.5. I made up my mind to take a shot of she offered it but with light fading she was still about 16 yards out and I was wondering if I could pick a spot should she ever get to the hand corn at 12 yards. The young 8 had his nose in it and she didn't seem inclined to move him. I had just about concluded this would be a long sit in the dark as they had a lot of feed to suck down when the 9pt threw his head up. Then the 8 then the doe. Normally that signals incoming pigs. Then they bolted. Sure enough here comes an 80 poundish black boar. He settles in the far side of the feeder as a sow about the same size follows him in and starts to feed over there as well. I'm sitting with my new Primaltech in hand, arrow knocked and anxious as all get out to get my first kill with it but light is fading fast and those two are stuck out at 20 yards.
                            Then here comes the calvary in the form of a sounder of small pigs and piglets.
                            Football sized pigs run in, surround the feeder and the main sow pushes the first two that came in my direction . . .
                            Another minute or three and the first sow is on the hand corn quartering to me. Little piglets and 20 pounders are milling around like crazy. One larger, but very run down, sow is constantly growling.
                            I glance away to try to find the first boar that came in, off to my right at about 17 yards, and when I look back the fat little sow had turned broad side and I drew . . .
                            I had taken 3 quick shots before I left camp and they were right in there at 14 yards so I was pretty confident in my hold . . . Although to dark to see a spot I saw one in my mind.
                            Then the string slipped away and the arrow thumped the pig . . .
                            Pigs exploded everywhere and I tried to watch as the one I thought I shot ran but it was a confusing, crisscrossing mass of swine.
                            Then silence. I packed up and walked out toward the feeder and the arrow, soaked in blood, lay there. Blood right there and some 10 yards away but the only light I had was my cell phone so I went to the cart and back to camp. I got some light and my lab. She has done okay for me locating pigs but hasn't been on a track in 2 seasons so I didn't know however she made quick work of the 50 yard track and needless to say I was glad to have baptized my new bow in blood.
                            Shot was a fade high but took out both lungs. I really like how this bow shoots for me and it's pretty quiet.

Gary
                            Last edited by DRT; 12-02-2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                              Just kidding Jerp but it does help with my perspective of what slow deer movement is.

Gary
                              Good shootin' Gary - enjoyed the write-up!
                              Yeah, the new place is small to begin with, and we are discovering there just aren't many deer around. We can't really move, as my hunting buddy bought the place. However we are trying to lease an adjacent property and we are planning to put in some food plots next year - maybe that will draw them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
                                Put me down for another 2018 trad kill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Nice shooting Jeff, love this pic buddy!

Comment

Working...
                                X