No announcement yet.

A bit of closure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang what a monster! Good luck this year. Hope to see some pics of him on the ground. What an entertaining read this thread turned out to be!

Comment

That was a first class response to a totally uncalled for comment. Well done MM and I hope you get a crack at that buck this year.

Richard.

Comment

That's a deer that can make anyone envious! Good luck on him this season, and well said to that hater earlier!

Comment

Been 2 days. Will comment tomorrow on your replies. It really boils down to modern deer and modern equipment verses 1500's gear. This deer limped around for 4ish months and may still have a broad head lodged in its shoulder. This blows on a bunch of levels.
          Reminds me of a member on my lease that told me of a member shooting deer with a 9mm carbine. Most of the critters he shot ran away.
          No excuses - use modern equipment on modern deer.................

Comment

Probably best if you reconsider responding to comments. It's obvious you aren't going to change any minds here and your attempts to belittle and bully the members of this forum are unwelcome.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
              Been 2 days. Will comment tomorrow on your replies. It really boils down to modern deer and modern equipment verses 1500's gear. This deer limped around for 4ish months and may still have a broad head lodged in its shoulder. This blows on a bunch of levels.
              Reminds me of a member on my lease that told me of a member shooting deer with a 9mm carbine. Most of the critters he shot ran away.
              That's about the stupidest sh-t I've every heard. People use modern equipment and still make bad shots it sucks. I done it last yrs I looked for the deer for 3 months last year. I sure hope u don't eat beef and every go to a slaughthouse because the line move so fast that every cow don't hit the floor after the gun go's off. Good nite cupcake

Comment

Funny how our ancestors killed deer for 10's of thousands of years with a simple stick and string before the invention of so called " modern equipment "!
                I guess the deer changed when the weapons changed?

Comment

Waiting to find out what a modern deer is.... pretty sure the deer I hunt haven't changed near as fast as archery equipment has in the past oh... 40 years.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Shiloh, put your "blinders" on, forget about the few uninformed comments, and focus/go get that buck this season! Good Luck my brother! Put one in the sweet spot on that "titanium plated" beauty of a buck! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Dude bad shots happen with any kind of weapon no matter what that's hunting and if you don't like hunting then maybe you shouldn't be on a bow hunting forum because guess what it's hunting real hunting at that .. Your barking up the wrong tree on this sight... I bet there has been a heck of a lot more deer killed with 1500s gear as you call it then the modern day equipment just saying. I do use a compound bow .. But I envy anyone that can get close to a animal with traditional equipment.. Good luck to Shiloh I hope you get him !!

Comment

A bit of closure

What you are implying is that nobody loses deer with compounds or rifles (modern equipment). That is ludicrous, and downright wrong! Like said many times above, it boils down to the individual and his ability with his equipment! I know guys who use compounds, and have seen a few over the years with rifles that have no business in the woods because they lacked the proficiency to effectively meet their goal, even though their equipment was more than adequate!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So what your saying is if shoot a modern deer with a "modern equip"compound bow or rifle regardless if shot was less than perfect it will fall dead in its tracks. hmm I wonder what kind of 25-06 bullet was used when I helped a guy track a buck for 3 hrs and lost it. Compound bows have misses also I have witnessed them,last year I took down a doe that was wounded by compound , tracked it for 2 hrs and deer stopped and I shot it with my longbow was a long shot but it was complete pass through and the doe was retrieved imagine that. What is a modern deer? GMO? On this forum there are people who are exceptional shoots and have taken some nice trophy animals and tournament titles MedicineMan7 is one of those people. A bad shot can happen regardless what equipment is used that is fact. Whatever the case you have insulted the whole Traditional forum,and if you really want modern go to rifle, also your dislike for our equipment well too bad it is our choice not yours we will continue to do so without you Holyier Than Thou attitude.

Comment

Good luck MedMan. What a handsome critter. I have faith you will succeed this year.

I gut shot a buck last year and found him several weeks later. It made me sick losing him but I kept looking (watching buzzards and finding various carcasses) and finally found him. I told the game warden my story before I found the buck and he said to consider it a mulligan but I still tagged the buck after finding it.

SwampRabbit...dont you know that Modern deer: all have smart phones, facebook accounts, drive Chevy Volts, only drink Starbucks lattes, watch Rachel Maddow and think Trump is Hitler reincarnate because he stole Hillarys election victory. Modern deer are smarter than their parents and faster than any hunter...regardless of the projectile. Modern deer should only be taken by laser beams....Im waiting for my form 5 to be approved.

Comment

Interesting thing about the questioning of the OP's methods on TexasBowhunter.com is that Medicine Man 7 is indeed among the very best archers in the world -- in fact, he just won the International Bowhunters Organization Championship in Longbow last month. If he says he released a shot that he wouldn't change, then you can bet that it went where he meant to. However, deer are tough, and sometimes their lightning fast reflexes will beat any technology. It's why they call it hunting, not killing.
                              Last edited by tradtiger; 08-14-2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Maybe you shouldn't comment on the replies. Your input isn't going to help anyone and maybe you should just leave it alone after you stuck your foot in your mouth. There's no point in more negativity and getting everyone all worked up!

Comment

Working...
                                X