Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Pros and cons to bow quivers...slide on vs strap on vs etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pros and cons to bow quivers...slide on vs strap on vs etc

Vs quick detach.

Im looking at Selways and Great Northerns but I am open to any brand that is American made.

Bolt on are not an option for my one piece Lynx.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-11-2017, 08:48 AM. Reason: NoBoltOnSpake

I love my Big Jim strap-on!!!!!
    Ps.. I'm not responsible for what ever pulls up if you google that! Just saying.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
      Ps.. I'm not responsible for what ever pulls up if you google that! Just saying.....
      HA! glad i didnt try to google that here at the office. I would receive a quick phone call from management on that one

Comment

I couldn't stop laughing when I read your first sentence.
        I nearly hit the floor when I read your second...

Comment

I really like my Thunderhorn.

Comment

Love my Thunderhorn too

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
              HA! glad i didnt try to google that here at the office. I would receive a quick phone call from management on that one
              I'm not even comfortable looking that up on my phone.

Richard.

Comment

I have a strap on two piece that came with my PSA. I didn't think I would like shooting with it on as I never did with my compounds. However it has worked out well. I did turn it so the heads face down but it's not too bad of a set up.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I did turn it so the heads face down but it's not too bad of a set up.
                  So you strap it on your bow upside down? Just trying to figure out what you are describing and what that looks like.

Comment

Yes. The arrows would work loose with the heads facing up.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I keep going back to EFA and drooling over their Short Mesa 3 arrow quivers. Can't see any reason to carry more than that for deer/hog hunting.

Richard.

Comment

I use an Eagles Flight strap-on. Very light weight and it's not hard to remove while in the stand if you want.

I use a Thunderhorn on one recurve and while it's heavier it feels good on the bow which has a heavier riser.

For strap-on quivers used on narrow longbow limbs I've started slipping a piece of bike inner tube on the limb in the location where the quiver strap will be placed. It seems to make it much more secure.

Comment

Lol!! I have 2 of the Big Jim quivers and a Selway. All strap on's and I like them both. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Briar, both of the quivers you mention are very good quivers. I am prone to the Selway however. I don't generally hunt with a quiver on the bow so I use the Selway that is detachable with what amounts to a big rubber screw on the upper and lower parts of the quiver. I have shot it with the quiver on and it helps keep down the noise but I cannot help but think you may lose a little speed with it on the bow while shooting but probably negligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                              I keep going back to EFA and drooling over their Short Mesa 3 arrow quivers. Can't see any reason to carry more than that for deer/hog hunting.

Richard.
                              Well... eventually you will find yourself wanting 1 more than you have. You are likely to run into that situation faster with a 3 arrow quiver than a 4 and so on. There has been a situation or two where 3 would have ended my hunt prematurely.
                              Last edited by SwampRabbit; 05-11-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X