Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 3

Get a 2 or 3 liter soda bottle.

Draw a line completely around the bottle at 6 inches from the bottom.

At some point on the line draw a 1 inch circle, that the line divides evenly.

Draw a vertical line inside the circle, that also divides the circle evenly.

Fill the bottle with water, and add a food coloring of your choice.

Hang the bottle right side up where it is hanging freely by the cordage used, and remove the cap. Make sure you remove the cap.

Use any type point, or broadhead you wish, but the point is to drain water from the bottle, so I recommend you use something that makes a nice hole.

Take only one shot from 15 yards from any position your desire.

Wait for the bottle to drain whatever amount of water the shot produces.

While it is still hanging freely, measure the water line of the drained bottle to the line drawn on the bottle.

Measure the center of the entry hole of the arrow to the center of the cross in the circle.

Add those two measurements together.

Lowest measurement wins.

-----------------------------------------

Have Fun !!!!!!

Rick
    Attached Files

Well okay then. Guess I need to buy a two liter drink when we go to the store.

Gary

Comment

Very neat challenge, Rick!
      Had a 2-liter Barq's bottle handy, so went ahead and rigged it up. Hint: don't put much food coloring in water or it is hard to see crosshair aimpoint.

Pretty happy with this shot. About 1-1/2" high, just a tad right of center, so call it 3-1/8" total. Shot standing, btw.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by tradtiger; 01-15-2017, 02:22 PM. Reason: sp.

Comment

Great shot Ellis.

You obviously saw the value in hanging the bottle as level as possible, and in getting the arrow through the bottle as flat as possible.

I wanted this to be a think about it shot as much as an accuracy thing.

Rick

Comment

Thanks. Figured the sling would help keep it straight/level, and needed the little box to get target up some for bottle to hang freely.

Comment

Good shot and a good FSC!! I'm gonna try my best to get in this week. I was crazy busy and missed last weeks. Been building a new prototype 3 piece to take with me on a 4 day deer/hog hunt next week in Louisiana

Comment

This is cool!! I'll try it with a broad head and see what I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                This is cool!! I'll try it with a broad head and see what I get.

Remember a broadhead has a wider cut and will drain more. Good if you're shot is high but if you are below the line not so much.

Gary

Comment

Rain is clearing out; plenty of room for improvement on my shot. Like to see some more shots on this cool challenge!

Comment

very nice FSC challenge, if the rain stops later today ill give it a try

Comment

We don't drink much from those types of bottles but I had my daughter save me one. I will pick it up and shoot it later in the week. I normally mix about 6oz of Crown with a 12oz can of DP10 with a couple ice cubes in my 20oz RTIC. So I buy my soda in cans for easy mix purposes. [emoji2]

Gary
                      Last edited by DRT; 01-18-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Come on folks. Get this done.
                        About to run out of time here.

Rick

Comment

This one slipped up on me. I had to improvise, and used a juice bottle lol. It's a 1.89 liter bottle but is more short and squatty. The center of the label was 6" from the bottom so I just used it. Shot it w/a zwickey eskilite. Shot was 3.25 low, and from water line to aiming point was right at 3.75 for a total of 7. Neat challenge though I enjoyed it!!

Comment

Great left/right and low is generally the way you want to favor, anyway. Good shot, CRM!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X