No announcement yet.

2017 Trad Harvest Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this is a VERY late post. I shot my first antlered deer with a trad bow right at the end of deer season which was early January. I still haven’t even gotten the skull out of the freezer but will next week and take it to the Taxi for a skull mount. I was so blessed during 2016-Jan 2017 to take two exotics- ram and ibex with Buff. Then a doe and this young buck- all with my recurve.

This buck I shot with my uncles Fred Bear and hence I was able to retire it with this last kill.

I shot this deer at 9yrds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck. Congratulations.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Way to go Jmh05!

Congrats,

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats jmh05!

Comment

Way to go jmh05, I like your hunting buddy! I'm sitting in my Krivoman right now waiting on a doe and the cold weather that's on the way!

Comment

Way behind here, congrats to everyone on their 2017 kills, I couldn’t hunt with a stick bow this year due to a re-tear in my rotator cuff in early October, in two weeks time I’ll be fully healthy again and stronger than ever in my shoulders, can’t wait, I’ll be in the woods hunting for hogs or yotes, not shooting a bow in general for 3 months was very sucky

Merry Xmas and happy new year to all of you fine folks

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
                Way to go jmh05, I like your hunting buddy! I'm sitting in my Krivoman right now waiting on a doe and the cold weather that's on the way!

My little man LOVES hunting. He will gladly turn off his Mickey Mouse House show to watch Elk hunting and anything Bill Jordan.

Comment

This morning I was finally able to kill a doe with my bow on my deer lease. It has been a cat and mouse game for the last two seasons with trying to kill does out there. I would be covered up with them when I’m trying to hunt a buck but something always went wrong when I decided to try to kill a doe. I’m just glad I was finally able to break my curse! That Simmons Safari tore her up and then she smoked a mesquite tree at full speed!

Comment

Way to go Jeff!!

Comment

Congrats Jeff!

Comment

Congrats Jeff

Comment

Congratulations,great shot. I'm finding the does much harder to get a shot at here in Menard. Love those sharks!

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                            Sorry this may be long I shot this buck this morning the last day that I’m going to be able to hunt the place we actually own he had been eating protein at my feeder he has been eating protein at my feeder most of the spring then like big bucks he disappeared two weeks ago he showed back up on a camera on the opposite side of our place the pattern was when the dose came in he did not this morning alone deer came in before the feeder went off and it was him he left and I got really nervous but he decided to come back in after the feeder went off of course he was basing me after about three minutes he finally gave me a slightly quartering two shot I waited till his eyes weren’t on me and drew my bow right as I anchored he noticed movement and snatched his head toward me but it was too late I had let the arrow fly and it buried right into his shoulder he went about 35 yards I open the blind door to see which way he may run and saw him standing there with the arrow and he became wobbly he then attempted to jump the fence and got his antler stuck in the fence and that’s how he died with his head up in the air you’ll see him in theFirstnext to the gate sorry for the long story I’m going to add several pictures thank you

Scott,
                            Congrats on then great trad buck!
                            -Albert

Comment

Nice shot.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to all the trad hunters of 2017, those that connected and those who stuck it out to the end.
                                Y'all give me hope that one day that I'll git er dun.

Comment

Working...
                                X