• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go on the aoudad, tradslam!

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2017 Trad Harvest Thread

I had an item I bought on the TBH classifieds "TBH Expressed" to me by Thunderwolf13 (Thanks Caleb). He said he was going to hunt at the Fowler Ranch in Copperas Cove, and I could pick it up there. Well, I'm not going to Fowler Ranch and not bring my bows and try to stick something!!! So yesterday I hooked up the trailer and headed east. I was the only one who hunted yesterday evening, and made a really great shot on a nice little eater pig!

He only went about 20yds, and I heard him expire. Thunderwolf13 has 2 very young lacy pups, and this was a perfect opportunity for their first track on a real animal.

Then John and Kristen showed up, and cooked us all an excellent grilled crab dinner. It was absolutely awesome, and we stayed up shooting the breeze and catching up till almost midnight.

We got up this morning, and I told Frankie I would like to shoot a blackbuck doe, so he put me in a popup blind in an area they had been hanging out lately.

After a while, a large herd of blackbucks worked their way in front of me. I did not think I was ever going to get a shot, as there was always others in the way.

Finally, a big doe worked in close, but off to the side of the others. She was out of a window where I had to turn funny to get a shot, and I jerked it left a little, and knew I had hit too far back. She was quartered away though, so I crossed my fingers and hoped. We went into town to eat breakfast to make sure we gave her enough time.

It ended up that the exit hole was good, and got lung, and she only made it 100-125yds from where I shot her at. This is the exit hole in the pic:

That is the spot I was aiming for on the other side, and missed 5-6" left. It is another reason that I really, really prefer a quartered away shot!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 07-01-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Way to go Bisch, i always enjoy looking at your ldp's

Comment

Nice Bisch! How do those BB does eat?

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
            Nice Bisch! How do those BB does eat?

I hear they are good, but won't be able to tell you till I cook some up!

Bisch

Comment

Way to go Bisch!! And congrats on the Axis tradslam, you had a great hunt!!

Comment

Just now seeing the axis post!

Congrats tradslam!!!!!

Comment

Congrats Bisch, wish I would have known you'd be around. Would have come over and said hello.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Black buck is my favorite eating animal out there.

Comment

Originally posted by shortstroke 91 View Post
                      Black buck is my favorite eating animal out there.
                      X2

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice guys. Congrats on all the recent kills.

Comment

Tradslam and Bisch congrats.
                          Bisch looks like if you had hit your mark on the doe the exit would have been in front of the shoulder?

Comment

����

Comment

Well I was supposed to be babysitting Bisch and he ran off,now I see where he went good job. Also just saw LD bear nice Larry !

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                                Tradslam and Bisch congrats.
                                Bisch looks like if you had hit your mark on the doe the exit would have been in front of the shoulder?

Yep, and diagonally thru both lungs along the way!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X