Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Bow hunt during muzzleloader season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
    I say a bow is not a firearm.

I dont see any advantage over a muzzleloader.
    I agree.

Comment

At least we can agree on 1 thing

Comment

It came about by wanting to make 2 weeks of bow season also muzzleloader, that got struck down n muzzleloaders got 2 weeks n jan n share it with youths with any firearm. Being they didnt get oct bowhunter dont get to hunt during muzzleloader. One of my friends a tpwd commisioner!! Trad muzzleloaders are a ton of fun as well. A nw trade gun(smooth bore flintlock to me is harder hunting than a trad bow. Bow will shoot shoot everytime i Draw and release it, rock lock may go off and may not!!

Comment

Originally posted by smokin feathers View Post
          It came about by wanting to make 2 weeks of bow season also muzzleloader, that got struck down n muzzleloaders got 2 weeks n jan n share it with youths with any firearm. Being they didnt get oct bowhunter dont get to hunt during muzzleloader. One of my friends a tpwd commisioner!! Trad muzzleloaders are a ton of fun as well. A nw trade gun(smooth bore flintlock to me is harder hunting than a trad bow. Bow will shoot shoot everytime i Draw and release it, rock lock may go off and may not!!
          Having worked at the legislature, this sounds about right for TPWD. If I understand you correctly, you're saying that muzzleloader advocates wanted to insert muzzleloader season into two weeks of the archery-only season? However, that being rejected, they got two weeks of muzzleloader season added on to the end of general season -- and NO, this does not allow those archery guys to play at that time! Because, you know, bows are so much farther advance than muzzleloaders.... 15-35 yard range, let's say for bows; 75-125 yard range for muzzleloaders....

Someone correct my figures, if they're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
            I say a bow is not a firearm.

I dont see any advantage over a muzzleloader.
            Correct! A bow IS NOT a firearm.

Firearms are classified as using powder.
            Last edited by HunterU; 01-12-2019, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
              Having worked at the legislature, this sounds about right for TPWD. If I understand you correctly, you're saying that muzzleloader advocates wanted to insert muzzleloader season into two weeks of the archery-only season? However, that being rejected, they got two weeks of muzzleloader season added on to the end of general season -- and NO, this does not allow those archery guys to play at that time! Because, you know, bows are so much farther advance than muzzleloaders.... 15-35 yard range, let's say for bows; 75-125 yard range for muzzleloaders....

Someone correct my figures, if they're wrong.
              No that is correct. Especially is you use a inline
              And scope! I see no reason unshouldnt be able to bow hunt this last 2 weeks myself either

Comment

Working...
              X