Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I truly dislike bloody pictures of game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you here that post pictures of your game and use your bow (or rifle in some cases) to cover the entry holes in the animal. I think it's undignified to post a picture with blood smeared everywhere. It almost seems an insult to the animal. I dislike seeing some pictures where there is a massive wound with things hanging out of it. Butchery is not what I feel Trad hunters do or should be associated with. Ethical, clean, quick harvest of game for the table is more in line with what I want to be as a hunter and I feel the photos should reflect that.

Kind of a rant but more of a thank you.

Richard.

Death wasn't meant to be pretty.....

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
      I just wanted to say thank you to all of you here that post pictures of your game and use your bow (or rifle in some cases) to cover the entry holes in the animal. I think it's undignified to post a picture with blood smeared everywhere. It almost seems an insult to the animal. I dislike seeing some pictures where there is a massive wound with things hanging out of it. Butchery is not what I feel Trad hunters do or should be associated with. Ethical, clean, quick harvest of game for the table is more in line with what I want to be as a hunter and I feel the photos should reflect that.

Richard.

I found a human skull today and thought about posting it but if you can't handle blood I'll pass on posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Blood is reality

Comment

Originally posted by black ice View Post
          i found a human skull today and thought about posting it but if you can't handle blood i'll pass on posting.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
          lol

Comment

I agree with you. A little discretion goes a long way......

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer94 View Post
              lol

No joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Black Ice; 11-07-2016, 07:06 PM.

Comment

While I understand that blood is a part of hunting and life. I don't think it adds to the quality of a pic. I have lots of non-hunting friends (not anti, just not hunters) and they appreciate when the pics are done tastefully.

I am not ashamed of killing animals or the reality of what is involved in that, but I also see no need to glorify the ugly parts either.

I do think there is sometimes value when talking about shot placement or other educational topics to show wounds and damage.

Comment

Those teeth may be important to an unsolved missing person...hopefully reported?

Comment

Smh....

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                      While I understand that blood is a part of hunting and life. I don't think it adds to the quality of a pic. I have lots of non-hunting friends (not anti, just not hunters) and they appreciate when the pics are done tastefully.

I am not ashamed of killing animals or the reality of what is involved in that, but I also see no need to glorify the ugly parts either.

I do think there is sometimes value when talking about shot placement or other educational topics to show wounds and damage.
                      Can't add much more to that. I agree.

Comment

Seriously? Never thought I'd see a post like this on tbh. Sorry your feelings got hurt by seeing blood in a picture on a hunting website..

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Oh my word!?! For real?
                          Last edited by Carnivorus; 11-07-2016, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Do you really think that hunting with traditional equipment gives a faster cleaner kill than a rifle or compound?

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post

Richard.
                              I don't like "sexy pics" of other men's wives, but here you are . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X