Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Tried a new spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried a new spot

Tried a new place this morning on some private ground I got permission on. I walked in blind this morning around 8:00. Found some heavily used trails at the back of the property and sat on a tree seat.
    TONS of acorns everywhere!! About 10:30 I heard something coming from behind me. I stood up and saw a boar about 120 lbs. at about 15 yards I realize he is going to cross my wind so I tried to turn around he caught some movement and froze. We had a stare down for about 10 seconds before he decide he'd better get the heck outta there! I wasn't to upset. I've got several places to kill hogs on. Anyways, I'll give it a few days and go back.
    I've made about a dozen sits and logged over 55 hrs so far this season and I've only seen one doe and one hog. It can only get better! Lol
    Last edited by Randy Madden; 11-06-2016, 03:34 PM.

No worries ii put in about the same amount of time maybe a lil more...I seen a total of ten does this year... That's why we call it hunting not killing though right!? Lol

Comment

Good luck Randy! I hope you get a big one!

Bisch

Comment

Good luck Randy!! I've spent more hours on stand than I would admit to the missus But, have enjoyed every minute of it! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Hope it pays off when you get back out there!! It seems like it's been pretty slow for a lot of us. I guess the upside is we can keep hunting. If I'd killed a buck already season would be over.

Comment

Yeah, we are in a lull right now for sure. The last two weeks the deer activity has really slowed down. I think we need a COLD front to change things up. Thats a good looking spot you got there. Good Luck!!

Comment

Working...
            X