Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Socondary anchor point (no not that one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Socondary anchor point (no not that one)

I started putting the first knuckle of my thumb under my ear at the jaw line to help line things up. Then I'll tuck my middle finger into the corner of my mouth and set my sight picture. Don't know if it matters much but my draw length is consistent and feels more stable with something to set my head against. Accuracy has improved a bit at 15 yards. I did notice that at that set the end of the shaft is right at an inch from the front of the bow and it's consistently at that distance. 30" shaft.

I really wish I'd have been doing all this from the get-go. I feel like every time I find something new that helps I'm starting all over again.

Richard.

Edit: Now if I could get my stupid back to tension up like it's supposed to I'd be that much farther ahead.
    Last edited by Junkers88; 10-24-2016, 06:14 PM.

I use a release and anchor my thumb lower knuckle in my temple where my big azz ear connects to my bigger head. Finding that helped so much in consistency. Compound or recurve it's all about doing the same thing every time. Until Buff gave me some advice I was all over the place. Now I have a solid anchor point the rest is manageable.

Comment

Working...
    X