No announcement yet.

Welcome to my world...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headed out to the North Plot, stand here is called Taj Majl (East Texas version of Taj Mahal) One thing I ought to mention, I often opt to hunt edge/peripheral type setups when its hot, or not overly prime huntin conditions. This is one of those spots, I usually see does, sometimes bucks, even good bucks, but mostly hunt it cuz its a cool spot, that is very low impact. Hardly ever do I go "deep" into the woods when its this hot, the risk of messing up one of my prime spots aint worth it. I can go to either the South Plot, Middle Plot (Sand Hill), or North Plot, and can get in, and out most every time without spooking things for future hunts. I am overly **** (like yall cant tell!) about doing my best to keep the deer from knowing I'm after them. Such as, in August when I shred, I shred single shredder wide lanes through the tall weeds, and disc them, so I can come and go as quietly to these spots as possible. Using these tricks over the years where I leave briars, saplings, and such tall, plus discing to expose the soft sand, I have MANY TIMES gotten up into my tree with deer in the plot. I could go on, and on, about all my crazy ideas, but I better quit boring ya...
    Attached Files

Comment

That's it!! I gotta fix this sideways crap somehow!!

Comment

Rusty, are you loading the pics off your phone, or the computer? And if the phone, what phone do you have?

Bisch

Comment

Still following. Good luck.

Comment

Rusty I don't know what you did but the pics are straight now

Glad to see you are getting some use out of the stand

Nothing wrong with doing everything you can to try and outsmart a deer

Comment

Bisch, emailing them from hand me down iPhone 4s from my daughter, to my home computer, THEN downloading them, naming the files, and then loading them via the TBH manage attachments deal. When I "Go Advanced" I click on the paper clip symbol, and go that route. They are upright/correct till they show up on the green screen, I was really wanting to do this, but this is tearing me a new one! Funny part is, when I sit down in the recliner, look up thread on my iPad, they're right side up!! Course my iPad is an older one. There ya go, clear as mud I'm sure. I have a bunch of pics for this eves hunt, but hate to post em if they all are gonna be sideways! Another odd thing is, the first 2 pics of the buck, were right?! One more thing, when I email them from my phone, it gives me a "size" option, and I always select the "smallest" size, figuring that would do the trick...NOT!! Arrghh...

Comment

Guys, until I get this sideways pic demon figured out, I'm not gonna put on any more pics. Long story short, I got in stand (North Plot/Taj Majl) bout 4:30, and knew it was prob gonna be late, if at all, for any movement. All was quiet until 6:30, I had one lone black boar come in the north end of plot, started working his way south (towards me) but tuned east into the thicket before he got there! Alot of the time I won't shoot a pig around prime time if I think it's gonna mess up a possible good hunt. This time though, I was gonna shoot em if I got the chance, cuz he was a big ol rank boar that needed to go, and I didnt figure any deer would show after he finally did leave, cuz it was gettin purty late. Not 10 mins later, another big boar came in from the NW, and angled by in front of me headed SE. He passed by at about 35 yds, so, no shot on him either . Anywho, that's all that went down tonight, zero deer, two hogs. But me being the glass half full kinda guy, I find comfort in the fact that, to my knowledge, I didn't spook any deer either I ain't naive, sure, coulda been some I didn't see, that winded/saw me and never showed. But, like I said, "to my knowledge" all was good! I WILL GET THIS PIC THING FIGURED OUT, SOMEHOW!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

When you email the pics to yourself, pick the Medium size.

Sent you a PM Rusty!

Bisch

Comment

Thanks Bisch!! Will try out all the ideas you gave me this eve. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Hopefully you figure the pic thing out

Enjoying following this thread

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                        That's it!! I gotta fix this sideways crap somehow!!
                        Lol! Don't you dare! It's one of the funniest parts of my day looking through your pictures.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                          Lol! Don't you dare! It's one of the funniest parts of my day looking through your pictures.

Richard

I think he is laughing at your expense, Rusty!!! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Bisch

Comment

I'm used to gettin laughed at, so no problem! I think, in this case, I deserve it anyway! Well I hope you guys enjoy readin bout my adventures without pics till I get this thing figured out (ain't even tried tonight). Anyway, this eve, I wasn't able to get free from work till 4:30. Ran by the house, picked up a few things, and headed out. I didn't actually get climbed up till 5:20. I wasn't overly in a hurry though, cuz of this dad-gum heat! Figured once again, like yesterday eve, movement, if any, would be late. I decided to hunt South Plot Red Oak stand this eve. Like I mentioned, I have 10 stands on my place for various winds, and being able to keep my spots as fresh as I can. This spot is another peripheral type area, that I have shredded/worked on all August to give me a good sneaky way to get to it. Also, like I've mentioned before (I think) I "come in" to a my place from the west, so any wind with an E is money. Well today, it was SE, which is perfect for this spot! I will walk in from the west, and when I am in my tree, most all the deer come from the south, or east. Like I said got settled in bout 5:20, and at 5:33 on the money, had two big does come in on the south end, and start gettin their munch on. They almost worked their way to me, but ended up easing back east into the thicket at a little after 6:00. All was quiet till right at 6:45, had a young 6pt. come in from the SE corner, and ended up feedin in the plot till almost dark, and then he moved on. Consider this an awesome eve for temps in the 80's! Almost forgot, I guess I should have just called this "A Year In The Life of a Trad Hunter", cuz, even though I'm after Lopside, I actually get more joy in the journey! The sunrises, sunsets, bucks workin a scrape, or making a rub, squirrels raisin cain cuz some ol bobcat has wondered into their woods, just all the wonderful things the Lord has blessed us with!! Thank you Lord, and thank y'all for taggin along,... Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

P.S. Still gonna work on pics

Comment

I'm enjoying it so far.

Comment

I'm enjoying every update!! I bet you get him.

Comment

Working...
                                X