Confidence building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confidence building

I didn't get to shoot yesterday. I had a time to get a few arrows in after work but decided to go get some new arrows, limb savers and some other supplies. On the way home traffic was a nightmare and I didn't get in til after dark. This morning it's dark and drizzling and I haven't even gotten out of my own way. I decided to just shoot a few arrows even though the yard is starting to mud up. I stepped up to the 15 yard line in the rain, drew, focused and released. I know in hunting it's always the first arrow that counts and when I practice that is always a focus for me. The arrow flight was straight and pretty in the low light and shows me that I am on my way to being able to do this.Click image for larger version

Name:	20161014_082540.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	25098239
    I don't know if the limb savers really helped as I was so focused on the arrow. But regardless we're going to give her a go next week.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20161014_083009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	25098240

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

they certainly do help in my opinion reducing limb osculation, good shooting, is that a bear black panther by the way??

Comment

Yes, hunter model. Given to me many years ago. I bow fished with it for years. The last ten years it's been stored under the bed. It's not pretty, or powerful, but for now it's going to have to work.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          Yes, hunter model. Given to me many years ago. I bow fished with it for years. The last ten years it's been stored under the bed. It's not pretty, or powerful, but for now it's going to have to work.

those are good bows, I had one about 5 years ago when I was first getting into traditional/competition archery...good workin mans bow

Comment

I've read they aren't the most forgiving or easiest bow to shoot. With Marty's coaching and encouragement from him and folks on here it's beginning to come together. However flesh and blood doesn't sit still and it can hear the bow. We will see. I just know that I finally feel like I can do this.

Comment

Comment

Looks like a Bear black panther "Hunter"

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I've read they aren't the most forgiving or easiest bow to shoot. With Marty's coaching and encouragement from him and folks on here it's beginning to come together. However flesh and blood doesn't sit still and it can hear the bow. We will see. I just know that I finally feel like I can do this.

yeah short recurves are the least forgiving and most difficult tame, but they are handy for smaller blinds and tree stands....

Comment

Looks like you're on your way to putting meat on the table, DRT.

Comment

Your confidence level is just as important as your tuning! Sounds like you are ready on both accounts!

Good luck!

Bisch

Comment

Good luck brother!

Richard.

Comment

That'd be a dead deer for sure!! That's a good looking bow too, I like it.

Comment

If you really want to shoot great shoot 2 of those pretty arrows at the same target. That seems to be a fast way to wreck a pretty arrow.

Like Bisch said, your confidence is as important as your tuning.

Comment

For me confidence is crucial if I'm going to hunt. I hate to wound and lose one.

Comment

Working...
                              X