Tune again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tune again?

So a lot of you probably remember my thread last week on my rest and shelf plate being worn. I'm going to go ahead and replace it with velcro today. I'm guessing I'll probably need to re tune my bow? Not a big deal I go back to work tonight so I won't be able to hunt for a week or so anyway.

It may need a little tweaking but I bet it's pretty dang close! The Velcro seems to be pretty forgiving. (At least for me)

Comment

What he said^^^^^

Unless the velcro is a lot different thickness than what you are replacing, I bet there won't be much difference at all.

Bisch

Comment

I wish I could shoot well enough to even notice when I replace my velcro

Comment

Tweak it

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
            I wish I could shoot well enough to even notice when I replace my velcro
            I'm in this department. I doubt I'd notice.

That being said, it is a good idea to check tune whenever you replace something. But... don't just assume that a change is automatically to blame on your first trip tot he target bag. Sure, if you are off by a couple of inches, it could be the change in the pressure point or shifting from "center"... but give it a couple days of shooting before you decide if there was a minor impact due to the change. Make sense? This is why I don't like changing a thing during hunting season unless something broke.

Comment

Well I went ahead and replaced it with Velcro, and my arrows are still shooting fine...fletched arrows at least. I shot a bare shaft, and it showed nock high consistently so I moved my knocking point and fixed that. Showing just slightly nock rights as well (I'm left handed), but I didn't mess with it anymore. I know it'll blow through a deer and stick in the dirt at 15 yards and it shoots where I'm looking so I'm leaving things as is for now. After deer season I'll get a bare shaft kit and tinker with it some more. For now I got hunting to do!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok here's something weird. I shot a broadhead a few times just to make sure they still hit good and they do. Then I shot bare shafts again, at 20 this time. At 15 they show just a little nock right...and at 20 they are perfect...why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                  Ok here's something weird. I shot a broadhead a few times just to make sure they still hit good and they do. Then I shot bare shafts again, at 20 this time. At 15 they show just a little nock right...and at 20 they are perfect...why is that?
                  could've had something to do with your release at that time maybe? I'm mentioning this because it happened to me before and I came to the conclusion it was my form, because I switched from shooting off the shelf to a elevated rest.....

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                    If it doesn't get worse the farther back you go.. I call it minor differences in form. Sounds weird, but I tend to expand more at longer distances because at farther distances I know it matters more

Comment

Well it didn't change much at all, but I've played around with different tip weights the last couple days. 175 gr field tips are flying better than the 200 gr tips I was using before, so I have them on all my practice arrows now. My broadheads are 200 grain but they still shoot plenty good enough for the distances I shoot hunting so I'll stick with them for now. But I may get some 170 gr Zwickey Delta's after my hunt next week and see how they fly. Don't some of you guys shoot Zwickey's?

Comment

Working...
                      X