Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

With my compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With my compound

I would've had a deer on the ground early this afternoon
    32yards

But then I would not have gotten the chance to check out the effectiveness of my new setup.

This does not look as pretty with pulleys and cables

And I would've have missed the 2 yearling spikes duking it out, one was was after the other's sister and big bro stepped in to defend her honor lol

Sorry no pic.

I did take a shot at the frisky spike, but I forgot how heavy my Douglas Fir shafts are, and was about 4-6 inches low. Not bad for a 25yrd shot, comfort is 18, and I was confident. Right left was perfect and I Right thought I was going to get my first trad deer this afternoon. Oh well, first shot is a miss, can only get better from here, right?

It's surprising how far away 32 yards looks when holding a traditional bow. Beautiful pictures and good luck on your next shot.

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
      It's surprising how far away 32 yards looks when holding a traditional bow. Beautiful pictures and good luck on your next shot.

Richard.
      Heck, I had 9 deer at 25 for over an hour. To close to move with so many eyes. And I wasn't feeling the shot opportunities. Amazingly, I was calm throughout and practicing picking a spot in each animal

Comment

Keep after them Alex, and it will happen!

Good luck, my friend!

Bisch

Comment

It'll happen sooner or later. Keep at it!
          Good looking arras, by the way.

Comment

Yes it will. Now that I have a couple stands set up, I can make it happen. No longer have to rely on brush blinds where someone else tells me to set up. Good spots or not, it's all on me this season.
            I set up 2 ladders and a pop up. May go with a feeder at this stand, the other 2 will be hand corn only. This location the deer have to much area to move around in and for some reason like to walk down the middle of the pipeline at 30 yards. I figure a feeder will bring them in to 20 and hand corn even closer. I just want to them to get used to walking the edge like most self respecting deer do lol

And those arrows were among the last Bountyhunter made. Extra heavy for the giant hogs I was after in Carrizo Springs a few years back.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep after them, success will come.

Comment

Working...
              X