Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

What broad head glue ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What broad head glue ?

I'm shooting cedars and this is my first year to go trad. I glued on my broad heads last week and I'm constantly having to perform surgery on my 3-d target to get my heads back. I used a hot glue gun to put them on but is there a specific brand of glue that's better than others ?

Go to your archery shop and get some low temp hot glue sticks they work great! They are clear brown stick about 3 to 4 inches long just use a lighter heat up end of it , smear it around the tip of your arrow shaft reheat it and push the broadhead on real good and make sure it is straight and your good to go!
    Last edited by Archer156; 10-09-2016, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Don't forget to clean the inside of the BH with alcohol or something first.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Big jims sells a hotmelt slug that works pretty good.

Comment

Stay away from that blue low temp glue stick, think it is made by bohning or you will be doing more surgery

The amber color one is great

Comment

feral tite. or BIG Jim has a new hot melt thats pretty good, terry at the nocking point has some I THINK...
              AS FOR ME. FERAL TITE...

the regular hot melt does not have tenseil strength.. will work in a pinch but not go to glue..
              Last edited by JEFFRO; 10-12-2016, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X