New arrows fletched!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New arrows fletched!

Got my GT Trads in 600 spine all finished. 30" length, 20 grain weight system installed, fletched with 3 5" parabolics and tipped with 100g EZ pull target tips. After messing with the string nocks a little (adjustable nocks are just the bees knees!) I eliminated any nock high/low issues and they fly very very well. I'm pretty pleased with myself and with how having a properly tuned and set up arrow makes the shooting easier. Of course now I know EXACTLY where the fault lies when one of them doesn't go where I want it. The one issue I have found is that they impact about 6" left and 6" high from where I'm looking at 15yds. Great news is that I can put them in a pretty tight little circle from that distance if I take my time on the shots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fletched 600's.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	25097654

Richard.
    Last edited by Junkers88; 10-04-2016, 09:03 PM.

There ya go Junkers!! Those Big Jims GT "blems"? Those look really good! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
    Last edited by spidermonkey; 10-04-2016, 09:30 PM. Reason: Just being a dummy, as usual...

Comment

Oh yeah those are some Big Jims specials!

Richard

Comment

Lookin' good!

But what happened to red, white, and blue?

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          Lookin' good!

But what happened to red, white, and blue?

Bisch
          I'm doing red/white/blue on the CE Heritage 250's for my 45lb limbs. This time I'm doing it right though as I'm waiting until I get the new string from Daniel in matching color scheme so that I can tune them before fletching. They will be my hunting shafts for deer and larger game. Just you wait brother, they are going to be beautiful!

Richard.

Comment

I bet they will!!!

Bisch

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Looks good

I think I bought some "EZ pull" field points, they have a little hump ahead of the threads. They are a pain when shooting into my bag target

Comment

those are poody

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    Looks good

I think I bought some "EZ pull" field points, they have a little hump ahead of the threads. They are a pain when shooting into my bag target
                    Oh man they're horrible. I shoot them too and there's nothing easy about pulling them out of a bag target. Junkers, those arrows look great!!

Comment

New arrows fletched!

Did a few tonight. not sure if I should grab a sharpie and attempt a barred look on the white vane...

Comment

Those look good!!!

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                          Got my GT Trads in 600 spine all finished. 30" length, 20 grain weight system installed, fletched with 3 5" parabolics and tipped with 100g EZ pull target tips. After messing with the string nocks a little (adjustable nocks are just the bees knees!) I eliminated any nock high/low issues and they fly very very well. I'm pretty pleased with myself and with how having a properly tuned and set up arrow makes the shooting easier. Of course now I know EXACTLY where the fault lies when one of them doesn't go where I want it. The one issue I have found is that they impact about 6" left and 6" high from where I'm looking at 15yds. Great news is that I can put them in a pretty tight little circle from that distance if I take my time on the shots.

[ATTACH]817155[/ATTACH]

Richard.
                          Great looking arrows.

I wish my fletching jobs didn't look like a kindergarten crafts project.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                            Those look good!!!

Richard.
                            Thanks! I did ruin some of the finish on them with the way I scraped the glue off with a razor blade. I need to try using some sadpaper to get rid of the old glue and simultaneously "rough up" the arrow. That finish on the GT trad arrows is pretty soft

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                              Thanks! I did ruin some of the finish on them with the way I scraped the glue off with a razor blade. I need to try using some sadpaper to get rid of the old glue and simultaneously "rough up" the arrow. That finish on the GT trad arrows is pretty soft
                              I didn't notice it until you pointed it out.

I just use a pocket knife and haven't had an issues. The knife just gets the raised glue areas and you can see it scraped off in a whitish color. I would think sandpaper would be less discriminate and would sand down the arrow finish as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X