Fletching Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fletching Tools

What do I need to consider when shopping for a fletching jig?

I am by no means a seasoned fletcher but I sold my Bitz jig in a time of need and since replaced it with a plastic one that looks similar. No comparison, I will actually send you this plastic one for free. I recommend getting a good one the first go around. There are other besides the Bitzenberger if that is not your cup of tea but get a decent jig. I never realized how frustrating fletching arrows can be with poor tools.

Comment

Arizona EZ Fletch

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/arro...r-cutters.html

A perfect, complete arrow every time.

Comment

I use a Bitz and is a really fine fletching tool. The only knock on it vs. the EZ-Fletch is its slower - you can only attach one feather at a time. That is not a big deal for me - I don't build a large number of arrows over the course of a year. Also, I use fletching tape so there is no waiting for glue to dry. You can seat the clamp then immediately take it off and turn it to the next notch. I can do all three in the time it would take for the first one to dry if I used glue.

Comment

Originally posted by duck'n View Post
          I am by no means a seasoned fletcher but I sold my Bitz jig in a time of need and since replaced it with a plastic one that looks similar. No comparison, I will actually send you this plastic one for free. I recommend getting a good one the first go around. There are other besides the Bitzenberger if that is not your cup of tea but get a decent jig. I never realized how frustrating fletching arrows can be with poor tools.
          Almost the same exact experience.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            I use a Bitz and is a really fine fletching tool. The only knock on it vs. the EZ-Fletch is its slower - you can only attach one feather at a time. That is not a big deal for me - I don't build a large number of arrows over the course of a year. Also, I use fletching tape so there is no waiting for glue to dry. You can seat the clamp then immediately take it off and turn it to the next notch. I can do all three in the time it would take for the first one to dry if I used glue.
            Never heard of fletching tape. Is it as durable as glue? Do you add a dab of glue to the lead end of the fletch as well?

Comment

I like the jo-jan

Comment

Blitz is the best imo. I also use fletch tape and put a dab of glue at both ends. I've lost arrows and found em over a year later. Fletch tape and the quill still attached. And it sticks to everything I've tried. I Had a few issues with duco not binding.

Comment

I use a JoJan Multifletcher (I actually have 2 so I can fletch 1dz arrows at a time). I went from a Bitz to the JoJan, and can tell no real difference in how it fletches. With one JoJan, I can fletch a dz arrows in about 2hrs using glue. Using the 2 that I have, I can fletch a dz arrows in about an hour using glue. I bought both of my JoJans used, and have a total of $90 in both of them. Well worth it for all the time saved as opposed to fletching one arrow at a time with a Bitz. If you look around, you can find a used JoJan for about $60-$70 these days.

Bisch

Comment

Can fletching tape be used on a JoJan or is it glue only?

Comment

Originally posted by JTBean View Post
                      Can fletching tape be used on a JoJan or is it glue only?
                      any adhesive, either glue or tape, can be used with ANY fletching jig. the arizona ez fletch works well. I had one but sold it. It just wasn't my cup of tea, even though it worked perfect.

Comment

Arizona EZ fletch works for me...I started using it back when I fletched arrows for my training wheels bow, now the 4" feathers, I just bought the longer arms and replaced the shorter ones (2 inch blazers) to fletch feathers up to 5 inch...works like a charm...you can only fletch one arrow at a time, but all three fletches go on at once...pretty simple...I use the Gateway fletching glue...EZ Fletch is 50$....

Comment

Ya I have one of the plastic ez fletching jigs and only used it once because it sucked. Buddy had it and I watched him fletch arrows easy and quick, but I wasn't any good at it. I think these can be mastered with practice, I just dont have the time or need that many arrows re-fletched. Although now that I think about it, I've probably got half dozen or so that need to be re-fletched, built up over the last two years. I was thinking about trying some of those fletching wrap things.

Comment

Is there any reason not to buy a vintage Bitz?

Comment

nope buy it

Comment

Working...
                              X