Bare fingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bare fingers

Does anyone shoot this way? I have shot a couple rounds this way and it's not bad. Wondering if your fingers ever get tougher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always shoot that way.

Comment

If I do that or even use a thin protection over my fingers they start tingling then go numb. So no always use a glove, and one with thick leather.

Comment

Tab here. I am not tough enough to not have protection for my fingers!

Bisch

Comment

Yeah I think if I shoot a lot it would be painful. I don't care for my glove so exploring options.

Comment

I shot with a glove for a while and quickly ditched it for a tab. I've not tried using only my fingers as they aren't near as tough as they used to be.

Comment

Think I am going to pick up a tab and give it a try. Any suggestions on brand or are they the same?

Comment

There are a hundred different tabs out there and none are exactly the same. Different strokes for different folks.

Bisch

Comment

It's not just a matter of "toughness". You will get a cleaner release off a tab or a glove - leather or Cordura is slicker than flesh.

Comment

One of my best friends, Tom Nash, shoots a long bow I made for him 20 years ago called Ol' Moose Jaw. He shoots it bare fingered quite well and it is 77#.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      It's not just a matter of "toughness". You will get a cleaner release off a tab or a glove - leather or Cordura is slicker than flesh.
                      Yeah it's easier to let go of the string of you can actually feel the string.

Comment

Would be
                        good for a guitar picker. Would have callouses on both hands then.

Comment

Originally posted by boleman154 View Post
                          Think I am going to pick up a tab and give it a try. Any suggestions on brand or are they the same?

To be honest I just bought the cheapest calf hair tab that 3Rivers had to offer as I was/am just starting to learn about this stuff. It works better for me than the equally cheap glove that I had.

Comment

Working...
                          X