Cheap Recurve w/ Aluminum Riser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Recurve w/ Aluminum Riser?

Anyone have any suggestions for a cheaper recurve with an aluminum riser? I'm looking for something to set up as a bow fishing rig, and I'm not wanting to use either of my Sarrells'. I've looked at the PSE Kingfisher, and I'm leaning that way right now. Just wondering if there is anything else out there that would work for a good bow fishing setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you only wanting an aluminum riser because it is going to be around water? A lot of folks just use any beater bow... wood or otherwise. I used my $130 samick sage for a bow fishing rig. It has all the holes already drilled out for any bowfishing accessory you want to mount to it. I'm not worried about it getting wet either.

Comment

A drilled wood riser would work too, I honestly hadn't thought about that. As long as it holds up, and shoots well enough to stick carp, that's all that's important to me. I'm trying to find a balance between dependable and not too expensive.

Comment

I have the Kingfisher as my bowfishing bow. It is an awesome beater bow for bowfishing. I can chunk it down in the boat, and it does not matter. The only complaint I have about it is that it is real heavy, esp once you get it all rigged out with a reel and everything. There are others though. Cajun Bowfishing has one on their website. Check out the bowfishing supply companies to find out what is available.

Bisch

Comment

I'm definitely going to want to go as light as possible, the majority of my hunting with it will be from the shoreline, with a good amount of walking.

Comment

Yep, the Kingfisher is really heavy. I switched to a Sage for this very reason.

Comment

I have a kodiak magnum thats drilled and it is my favorite bow so far. I just wish it was #55 instead of #45. Most bow fishing shots for me are quick and i don't make it back to full draw.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, I ordered a Sage, it should be in next week, and I can start getting it rigged up.

Comment

I use my das for everything, n smoothest quietest curve i have ever had n made my old adcock acs sound like a 22!!! Love the ilf system, 2 sets of riser screws, stabilizer hole for using a muzzy reel or riser for ams. Wap from curve to lb n seconds!! I used to wouldnt shoot tourneys with nothin but a onieda osprey but inreally shoot a lot more fish with this bow

Comment

Working...
                  X