The Bow I've Been Waiting For

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bow I've Been Waiting For

My new bow got here yesterday. Mike McCready at Maddog Archery built this one and I'm loving it so far. 64" 48lbs@29", maple and holly with green glass. It turned out great. It's the quietest bow I've ever shot. The weather is pretty nasty so I haven't shot it a whole lot but I'm really liking it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

congratulations. I like green glass

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Good lookin' stick!

Bisch

Comment

Thanks y'all. I'm going to try to shoot it a little more today if the rain will slack off some. If not I'll shoot down the hallway while I'm home alone lol. I can squeak out about 12 yards in the house if I have to.

Comment

I've seen a lot of new bows lately with the green glass. Looks good!

Comment

The green glass gives it a classy look. Nice bow

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                Thanks y'all. I'm going to try to shoot it a little more today if the rain will slack off some. If not I'll shoot down the hallway while I'm home alone lol. I can squeak out about 12 yards in the house if I have to.
                Just keep the spackling compound handy....................just in case!

Bisch

Comment

now that's poody...nice looking bow...

Comment

Very nice looking bow.

Comment

Great looking bow .

Comment

Ooooh!!! I really like that bow! Plenty of people on here will know why!

Originally posted by chackworth3 View Post
                        The green glass gives it a classy look. Nice bow
                        This man knows!

Comment

Thanks!! Ever since I got into trad I really liked the green glass look, like you see on the old Bear bows. When I talked to Mike he knew what I was talking about, and when I got this bow it was exactly what I had pictured in my mind. I've got to do a little more shooting today and so far I'm really liking it. Something interesting, I was seeing some very slight fishtailing with my arrows. I turned them cock feather in instead of out, and it quit..I'm guessing maybe something to do with the narrow shelf as opposed to the wide shelf on a recurve?

Comment

What kind of arrows are you shooting? I have had that same problem a couple of times where my arrows would fly way high and act stiff and I would turn them cock feather in and they would fly perfect. Arrows have a stiffer side and some are more finicky than others as far as which way the stiff side of the arrow is supposed to be (in/out) and they will fishtail or do like mine did and fly way high and away

Comment

Yeah that's something different for sure. Looks sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X