Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back to Africa I go!...(I know, I'm crazy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    Holy crap dude! Wow!

These threads make it hard to not want to visit Africa at least once... and you're about to double up in one year. Good for you! I hope you get a chance to hunt some new stuff. The brushpig hunt sounds like a ton of fun.

Throw my name on an arrow if there are any spots left. Good luck buddy!

(and yes, secretly, deep down, and even though I have written off Africa, I hate you too! )

Yes sir, hopefully if all goes well will get to shoot a couple critters I haven't gotten to before. And yes, your names in the quiver along with just about anyone else whose went along as well. I've been compiling arrows from my last two trips and cleaning them up and refletching if needed! Your arrow from my first trip is still stained red from an Nyala!

Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
    Good luck, my friend!!!

Thanks sir, and congrats again on your awesome trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Luck to you!!

Comment

As of yesterday, the bushpigs are on schedule daily at the bait so hopefully they keep it up a couple more weeks!
        I've never hunted at night under feeder lights before, so I figured I better practice it a bit for the bushpig hunt. I rigged up a little LED flashlight I had with a red filter to give it a more "authentic" look last night. I've always liked practicing right at dusk/dark just to force myself to focus as much as possible on hitting "the spot" on the target and shooting with the light kinda reminded me of that. Only got to sling a handful of arrows, but they all did well in the testing phase!

View from the stand before.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1942.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	24456909

View from the stand after

Name:	IMG_1943.JPG
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	24456910

Name:	IMG_1944.JPG
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	24456911

Comment

****, your good but not as good as Bisch !! Be safe Bob

Comment

Awesome shooting!

Comment

You must feed this beast within you! Go to Africa and release the beast!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Todd View Post
                You must feed this beast within you! Go to Africa and release the beast!

Haha, that's the truth!!

11 days 6 hours 51 minutes and 33 seconds until take off!

Comment

You are truly blessed my friend! Hope you have a safe and wonderful adventure. Can't wait for the up dates. We all appreciate you sharing your trips with us! Be safe and good hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by n8vtxn1 View Post
                    You are truly blessed my friend! Hope you have a safe and wonderful adventure. Can't wait for the up dates. We all appreciate you sharing your trips with us! Be safe and good hunting!

Thanks my friend. Honestly, with all the feelings/emotions going through me, I'd say blessed doesn't cover it honestly. I'm humbled to get to say that I have got to travel over and hunt the Dark Continent pretty much twice already in the last year and to get to go back again is honestly beyond a dream. I really STILL can't believe it's happening, and don't think it will feel real until I step onto the plane.

Comment

Back to Africa I go!...(I know, I'm crazy)

Name:	IMG_1991.jpg
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	24457777

5 days from right now I will be about to board my flight to cross the big pond so I figured I better start gathering everything up. Standing here looking over my bow room (aka junk room as my wife calls it [emoji16]) I'm feeling a little overwhelmed about packing my stuff!

I know it's all here somewhere.....

Last edited by MedicineMan7; 08-22-2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7;11608281

5 days from right now I will be about to board my flight to cross the big pond so I figured I better stay gathering everything up. Standing here looking over my bow room (aka junk room as my wife calls it [emoji16
                        ) I'm feeling a little overwhelmed about packing my stuff!

Good luck I leave Sunday to head over.

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                          [ATTACH]808421[/ATTACH]

5 days from right now I will be about to board my flight to cross the big pond so I figured I better start gathering everything up. Standing here looking over my bow room (aka junk room as my wife calls it [emoji16]) I'm feeling a little overwhelmed about packing my stuff!

I don't know about junk but it is a bit full. Kinda like my bow shop. Lol
                          Arvin

Comment

Dang, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a junk pile like that!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
                              [ATTACH]808421[/ATTACH]

Yep, we all got a room like that bro. Yours looks more organized than mine. I have an "outdoor crap" room that has a guest bed buried underneath all the tubs of stuff.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one riding the junk room train. I've been meaning to clean it up and organize it a bit better since we moved into the house....a little over a year ago

Got all my artillery finally sorted out and set aside. I took all my old arrows from the past two trips and re-fletched and renamed with all the folks who were on them before to go along for the ride again. Still got a couple that's lingering around that I've been practicing with that I didn't lined up here.

Name:	IMG_1995.jpg
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	24457800

Name:	IMG_1996.jpg
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	24457801

Also, I changed the broadheads up a bit this go around. Aside from my wildebeest blunder (shoulda shot a bit higher, know better for this trip), I was pleased with my Magnus Stingers and they served me well.
                                My buddy Dano (thanks again sir!) hooked me up with some 250gr VPA heads and they fly great. Stuck a decent sized pig with one this weekend and got a clean pass thru, and after a quick rinsing and a couple strops back an forth on the leather, it was shaving hair again with ease! Can't wait to see what it will do on some African critters!
                                Also, I'm taking along some DRTs from DirtNap gear (125gr) to shoot at the faster critters to help gain a touch of an edge in them (if that's even possible)!

Name:	IMG_1997.jpg
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	24457804

Comment

Working...
                                X