Bisch

Comment

Nice...

You can tell you're hard-core trad, you left out I lost my release

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
        Nice...

You can tell you're hard-core trad, you left out I lost my release
        Yeah, when I shot a compound for those first couple of years, I still used a tab. It just never seemed comfortable to not have your fingers on the string. No doubting the effectiveness of them, I have just never used them.

After almost 30 years of bowhunting, and screw ups, I could easily add more or elaborate on those above.

Thanks to all that took the time to post a comment.

I found my old TBOT Newsletter from 05, with my whitetail hunt story. Perhaps next week I will type it up for posting here.

Comment

Hahaha very good...

How about the "The buck I've been after was right where I wanted him and right when I was drawn back and picking the perfect spot the feeder went off."

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
            Hahaha very good...

How about the "The buck I've been after was right where I wanted him and right when I was drawn back and picking the perfect spot the feeder went off."
            That is a good one that has happened to me dozens of times. You could even use it explain a bad hit as the feeder ran at the exact instant of the shot...like jumping the string except it's not your bows fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
              That is a good one that has happened to me dozens of times. You could even use it explain a bad hit as the feeder ran at the exact instant of the shot...like jumping the string except it's not your bows fault.
              Man you really are the king. I need to take notes

Comment

I didn't see "I left my arrows in camp"

Not that I've ever done that.

Comment

And here's my memento from said hunt where I used excuse number 1.

I had brushed my blind in really well and even drew testing clearance. Problem is, I changed shooting positions and didn't retest my draw. When looking at the deer through the peep and front sight I couldn't see the branch.

It was a slam dunk....or so I thought. I had a beautiful hill country 8 slightly quartering away at 22 yards looking away from me while fixated on another deer. The arrow hit the branch and sounded like a high tension wire breaking as it sailed a few feet over his back.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1469108118133.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	24453048

Woodrow, you just don’t ever get the point – ‘It’s not dyin’ I’m talkin’ about, it’s livin’.”....Gus

Comment

Great read. Always entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                      And here's my memento from said hunt where I used excuse number 1.

I had brushed my blind in really well and even drew testing clearance. Problem is, I changed shooting positions and didn't retest my draw. When looking at the deer through the peep and front sight I couldn't see the branch.

It was a slam dunk....or so I thought. I had a beautiful hill country 8 slightly quartering away at 22 yards looking away from me while fixated on another deer. The arrow hit the branch and sounded like a high tension wire breaking as it sailed a few feet over his back.

[ATTACH]802215[/ATTACH]

Woodrow, you just don’t ever get the point – ‘It’s not dyin’ I’m talkin’ about, it’s livin’.”....Gus
                      Okay, that story and pic, with my post in the back ground cracked me up. Thanks for posting that.

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                        I didn't see "I left my arrows in camp"

Not that I've ever done that.
                        No, I would never do that....or leave my bow on my bunk at the King Ranch, or leave my Hunting License in Houston and drive all the way to Uvalde...or shoot the blind.....or EVEN shoot the feeder. No of course not.

I could do a whole write up on things awful bowhunters have done and won't admit to. :-)

Comment

Bowhunting Excuses (Humor)

I've only bow hunted for 3 years and already used half those. Awesome write up. Keep 'em coming.
                          Last edited by Mjjust; 07-21-2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Really ?? Have you been hunting with me before ?? LOL

Comment

Been there, done that! I've adopted a new philosophy, "What happens on stand, Stays on stand!"

Comment

Great article, Mark! Sometimes it's not an excuse, it's a denial to avoid ridicule. During my first trad season I was shooting a 62" longbow out of a blind I had built for compounds. The roof was too low but I could get clearance if I canted at about 2:00. A big fat doe walked in and gave me a perfect broadside at 12 yards. I picked a spot, drew and upon release heard a loud "whack!" and my arrow barely spit out of the blind like it was tossed by a midget javelin thrower, landing on the ground about two feet in front of the deer. I had not canted enough and my top limb smacked the ceiling. When I got back to camp my buddies had already assembled and I heard the inevitable "see anything?" I thought for a minute and just said "no, not a thing"
                                Last edited by jerp; 07-21-2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X