Wood arrow nock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood arrow nock

Any tricks on getting a nock off of a wood arrow? Just try and pull it off or what? Got a broken arrow I am trying to salvage parts from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I was the only one who robbed off of broke arrows. Actually I have removed several nocks from woods. Us a a candle and hold arrow just close enough to the flame to feel the heat, remember it is thin plastic and will melt quickly. rotate shaft so that the heat is evenly dispersed. once the nock becomes warm it should be able to be removed from shaft with a pair of pliers. just grip the end of the nock so you do not mis-shape anything.

Comment

Thanks. I'll try that.

Comment

I use a utility knife, it takes a little practice but ones you get it takes about 20 seconds
        It's all about the angle of the knife. That's how I do it maybe it's the wrong but I've never damaged an arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidrubio View Post
          I use a utility knife, it takes a little practice but ones you get it takes about 20 seconds
          It's all about the angle of the knife. That's how I do it maybe it's the wrong but I've never damaged an arrow.
          I agree with David, I just use a knife and go slow and achieve the same results.

Comment

If you wouldn't break your arrows you wouldn't have to worry about it...

Comment

I know. Must be the bow I'm shooting. It's full of misses.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidrubio View Post
                I think her is trying to save the knock from a broken Arrow

Low heat is your best option
                Last edited by gatorgar; 06-18-2016, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I'm trying to get the good nock off the broken arrow. I got it off. Pliers and light pressure. It popped off with out having to heat it. Guess they weren't on that good in the first place. This is what too much heat will do to one.

Comment

Is there a way to warm the wood. Maybe boil some water and hold the nock with pliers and dip the wood in the water? That is what I would try.

Comment

just my thoughts.
                      as cheap as nocks are WHY. points yes feathers, maybe. but nocks. and the chance of it breaking on the new arrow///and dry fireing your bow....

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
                        just my thoughts.
                        as cheap as nocks are WHY. points yes feathers, maybe. but nocks. and the chance of it breaking on the new arrow///and dry fireing your bow....
                        I'm in agreement with Jeff on this one^^^^

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
                          just my thoughts.
                          x2

I keep every single point I can, and used to salvage feathers at one time, but I've never tried saving the nocks. I've actually had nocks brake upon shooting before, and it is NOT something I'd want to deal with again. It will make you gun shy for a bit and also make you want to replace the nocks on every arrow you own!

Comment

Working...
                          X