About to Pull the Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to Pull the Trigger

On a recurve in the next week or so. Looking for a take-down, somewhere in the neighborhood of 45#. Looking to spend between 800-1k for set-up. Suggestions? Input?

I haven't shot traditional in about five years now. I had a Hoyt Buffalo that I should never had sold, but that's another story. Last recurve before that was a Browning back in 1976.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of good bowyers out there but I am a fan of Bob Lee recurves. Take a look at their stock bows - you should be able to find a real shooter in that price range. JJ is great to work with too - excellent customer service in my experience.

Comment

Get a black widow psr

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at Bob Sarrells website, he makes a quality bow for sure.

Comment

I am a fan of Bob Lee and second that JJ is a heck of a guy to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out stalker stickbows

Comment

I shoot a Sarrels, and would reccomend Bob!

That being said, I would not spend $800-$1,000 on a bow unles I was pretty sure through trial and error of what I wanted!

Bisch

Comment

I have a bob Lee for sale in excellent shape . $450.00

Comment

Sarrels fan here. Shot a few yesterday and thanks to Bob and Bisch I found the perfect match. Can't wait to get it all set up for this upcoming season! So long compound!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    That being said, I would not spend $800-$1,000 on a bow unles I was pretty sure through trial and error of what I wanted!

Bisch
                    Good advice. With that kind of investment, IMO it would be worth a road trip - to Jacksonville (Bob Lee) or to Manchaca (Bob Sarrels) or both!
                    Last edited by jerp; 06-12-2016, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      I shoot a Sarrels, and would reccomend Bob!

Bisch
                      X3!!!!

I spent a tad north of $1K on a recurve... but it wasn't after trying out more than a handful of other bows first, including some bowyers already listed here.

I like my Black Widow PCH. It fits me and how I like to shoot. It is a take down and is a great shooter. But I shot that bow before I pulled the trigger on something that pricey.

Nothing at all against any of the bows I shot before making a decision, their owners outshoot me every day of the week and twice on Sundays. But I would have been disappointed had I made a purchase based on where I was leaning based on what other folks were shooting.

Comment

I have a Black Widow listed in the Classifieds. It is a PCHX with all the bling. Here are a couple of pics. PM me for more details.

Doug Key
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am biased... but that is a great looking bow Doug.

Comment

Great looking BW there.

Comment

Man, those Black Widows are sexy....I'm going to have to get into th trad game at some point!

Comment

Working...
                              X