Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Christmas Trees are Handy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Trees are Handy!

I collected a few Christmas trees several years ago and made some front cover, shade, and backdrop for one of my treestands that had no cover at all. I had parts from a couple trees left over so I saved them. I recently decided to build a panel blind in a spot that has flooded numerous times over the last couple years (only once in the previous 10-12 years). I figured the Christmas tree limbs would be handy because the water could just flow through the panels when it does flood in the future. So 1 cattle panel and six 7' t-posts later I got it done. I made the door out of an old piece of canvas tarp I've had for a while. I put 2 windows and no roof so I could have the option to shoot through the windows or stand up and shoot over the top.
    Last edited by Featherflinger; 06-08-2016, 01:28 PM.

Awesome!!!!

Comment

Nice Jeff!

Comment

That looks great

Comment

I like it Jeff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

A 3 hour tour... a 3 hour tour....

Comment

good idea. Those are definitely some evergreens lol. I have a couple of old fake trees at the ranch I was going to dump but maybe I can put them to use. and pretty mobile really.

Comment

Jeff, you forgot to put the angel on top. Looks good buddy!

Comment

With all this heat... you will enjoy the shade, benefit of a breeze, and no heat being trapped inside. Great design and use of materials. First a trampoline, now recycled fake trees, can't wait to see what you wrap these things with next

Comment

Yeah I have another trampoline mat for next time. I just didn't want to take a chance on the water catching it when it got high enough and collapsing the whole thing. I think I'm gonna like being able to stand and shoot over the top. That bodark tree makes an awesome canopy!

Comment

I like it but if it was me and for deer hunting, I would make the 2 windows about 1/3 the size they are now. For hog hunting the window size is fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X