Wensel Brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wensel Brothers

I have not seen or heard much of them as of late. Maybe slowing down due to age?

Anyone seen or read much about them recently?

They are still around. They frequent Bowsite.

Comment

yep, they still getting around.

Comment

Barry had a heart attack in April. The following was copied from a post Barry made on another website:

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers. I learned quite a bit from this ordeal which I won't go into right now. I walked over 5 miles (measured)on 4/1 and another five on 4/2. 4AM on 4/3 I had a "heavy feeling" in my upper chest but no pain in chest. Went to ER. x-rays and EKG came back negative. Blood tests showed diagnosis of myocardial infarction. Was transported to Mercy Hosp. in Des Moines via ambulance. Angiograms showed blockages of 100%, 85% and 75%, etc. which was surprising since tests in Boston 3 years ago showed zero blockages. Anyhow, I got a triple bypass 4/6. Two days in ICU and was sent home 4/11. No sweat... well maybe just a little sweat. Again, many thanks for your "heartfelt" (no pun intended) prayers and support

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
          I have not seen or heard much of them as of late. Maybe slowing down due to age?

Anyone seen or read much about them recently?
          If my memory serves me both have had heart problems within the last year, heart attack & one having bypass surgery. I know 3 or 4 years ago they quit hosting The Annual Texas Pig Gig. Seems like the last one they hosted one of them was hurt (hospitalized) trying to get away from a wounded Hog.

But still kicking around

Comment

Me and Barry exchanged several emails a couple of yrs back but when I started gearing up for my African trip last year I did not have time or money for another trip.

I guess I should send a shout out to him.

Comment

Working...
            X