What a leather grip will cover up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a leather grip will cover up...

I haven't posted any pics of new bows on here in a while but I figured I would share this one with y'all since I covered up some pretty cool grain with a leather grip, especially since my leather work isn't quite the same quality as featherflinger's... It's 60" pau ferro with a phenolic I-beam and pau ferro veneers. These are some post-leather grip pics...
    Here it was before the leather grip...

I can't bring myself to cover up the pretty wood yet with a leather grip. The pics don't do that Pau Ferro any justice. I need to test this one out next time I am at the shop and see how it feels with the leather grip on it. Good looking bow Chris.

Comment

No leather grips for me!

Bisch

Comment

I'd rather stipple the grip to keep it from being slippery. Then you can see the wood through it.

Comment

Maybe a dumb question but why would you put a leather grip on a bow?

Feel?

Combat sliding in your hand?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Maybe a dumb question but why would you put a leather grip on a bow?

Feel?

Combat sliding in your hand?
            Feel, looks, sliding or a combo of the three. Some people really like them. I'm in between on them but I definitely like a leather grip better than I like a stipled grip, they look good but just never liked how they felt in my hand

Comment

Great looking curve!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking bow Chris! I like leather sometimes... sometimes not so much

Comment

I also like leather sometimes .

Comment

I like the leather grip on my recurve.

Comment

I'm gonna say that I really like that bow without the leather grip. That grain around that palm swell is just too pretty to cover up.

So far, I have only liked having a leather grip on a bow that doesn't have a locator grip or just really needs to be heeled (like a hill style bow.)

Comment

All mine have leather grips. For one reason, to cover up the splice joint in the handle. Need some full length staves because I favor no grip. I like the bow to slide in my hand. Less I can torque the bow.

Comment

I had a few Massie longbows with leather grips and he made nice looking leather grips. Howard Hill used leather grips

After a while I asked myself why I was paying more for a fancy riser then covering it with leather so I stopped using leather grips.

Comment

I prefer the leather grip, especially in the colder temps late in the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X