Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Chester and counting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill
    what's the difference in A and B course? Is this based on equipment wise ?

Comment

No difference, everyone will shoot both courses per round.
      2 courses of 20 targets each for a total of 40 targets per round.
      Course A set up by Buster
      Course B set up by me, but I will blame Buster

Shots range from 8 yards to approx 40 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by BillDecker View Post
        No difference, everyone will shoot both courses per round.
        2 courses of 20 targets each for a total of 40 targets per round.
        Course A set up by Buster
        Course B set up by me, but I will blame Buster

Shots range from 8 yards to approx 40 yards.
        Yeah, and the 8yd shot "buzzes" by at 42mph!!!

Bisch

Comment

I did spray WD-40 on the pulley's and it does move across the gap. But I did take out some of the brush and can see it a little before it clears the pine tree on the left. I had to try it out and hit an 8 on it. So it is doable.
          Did not set up the moving carp. The gully is about 3 feet deeper and steeper from all the rain runoff, so we put up another target along the bank.

Comment

Sorry to say, but we won't be able to make it this year. We will be at the Texas State Championship Knife and Hawk throw this weekend. The organizers are running it with the Folk festival at the Sam Houston Memorial Museum in Huntsville. Hopefully It won't always conflict with the Chester Shoot.

Comment

We will miss your group Robert. Sounds like a great event that you will be at
              Hoping it does not interfere next year.

Comment

Bill, how is Nan?

Comment

Hello Mike. they will come this morning and unhook all the hardware that she has had to wear the last 3 days. She is ready!!
                  Hopefully the doctors will be able to use the data to determine why her blood pressure goes from 120/70 to 60/40 (and sometimes lower) in just a matter of minutes.
                  I told her sister, who is an RN, that junk yard owners were calling, asking if she could train their dogs! She was not a happy camper. She is looking forward to seeing and visiting with everyone this weekend.

Will be leaving today asap after school to go up to Chester. Weatherman here in Beaumont is forecasting 30% chance of rain tonight (Thursday) with drying conditions for the weekend. Next chance of rain is for Monday. But stick around, the forecast changes by the minute.

We now have a total of 21 vendors saying they are coming. Due to this number, we are looking to move Registration to the Kirby House (next to the Pavilion) in order to open up some space.
                  As of this morning, we have received 190 pre-registrations, the most ever.
                  Like I said before Hill Country sets the bar for everyone else to clear. Praying for safe travels for everyone, and good weather for this weekend.

Comment

Bill save me a bed in the snoreing section. I will bring 4-5 bows and maybe old Bob will share a little space. Arvin

Comment

I'll be bringing some first timers to boost the numbers.
                      Safe travels everyone.

Comment

Arvin, looking forward to seeing you. Have you in with Bisch

Comment

Chester and counting

Originally posted by BillDecker View Post
                          Arvin, looking forward to seeing you. Have you in with Bisch

Oh, no!!!!! There goes the bunkhouse!!!! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Bisch

Comment

Is the course muddy?

Comment

Will be there about 7:30-8am
                              Going to be my first time to make it.... Going to be a good time I'm sure. Hope to meet a few of you guys from the green screen!

Comment

Working...
                              X