Selfbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
    You need to come see me in October. Don't worry about hunting just come. I will teach you a thang or two about heating wood. This is when you learn about selfbows from Arvin. Unless you want to pay for it at another time . You did not have enough pressure or it was not hot enough. Arvin
    Have you set a date yet?

Comment

So an update is in order...anything new?

Comment

Thanks for the nudge. I need to scrape around the fade that had developed those small cracks to see if they were just surface cracks.

Comment

I scraped the spot with a cabinet scraper and the char was pretty thin and the cracks were only surface deep.

So that is a relief!!!

Talked to Arvin and he instilled some more advice about dry heating. One thing we discovered was that my heat gun was underpowered. Need to be able to heat it faster. I very well might have been close to where I needed to be before I stopped becausebof the charring.

Will look for a more appropriate gun in the next couple days.

Comment

Yeah...surface cracks always scare me a bit cuz ya never know just how deep they go...with osage though probably wouldnt even notive em unless ypur building a heavy bow and they are in a limb a good ways.

Comment

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good there bud....scrape scape...sorry i missed your text.

Comment

Looking good. Third weekend in October. Arvin

Comment

Working...
                  X