No announcement yet.

Selfbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, i've always wanted to make my own bow. What kind of tools do you really need??

Comment

Cool, i've always wanted to make my own bow.. What kind of tools do you really need?

Comment

Cool, i''ve always wanted to make my own bow. What kind of tools do you really need?

Comment

Cool, i've always wanted to make my own bow. What kind of tools do you really need.?

Comment

A beaver is all you need.

Comment

Or a hatchet

Comment

Or a draw knife

Comment

4dog will tell you a pocket knife is all you need lol

Comment

The best tool in your toolbox seems to be patience. It isn't about fast or slow... its about not rushing the process and your own abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                      4dog will tell you a pocket knife is all you need lol
                      Well....the wood helps a bit too.

Comment

looking good swamp rabbit.

Comment

Was looking good......

Then I heard a "crack" as I was un stringing without a stringer of course

Ok I have to admit I'm getting frustrated

Comment

Corey.....we need to get a good piece of Osage in your hands.

Comment

Wgite woods are tough to build a successful bow out of ...even for experienced bowyers....just flat out finicky.....osage osage osage...and maybe hickory.

Comment

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
                                Wgite woods are tough to build a successful bow out of ...even for experienced bowyers....just flat out finicky.....osage osage osage...and maybe hickory.
                                The chainsaw will be with me on my annual November hunt in Kansas this year!
                                Until then I will keep trying on what I have lol

Comment

Working...
                                X