Trad gear to keep in stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad gear to keep in stock

I would like to talk hypotheticals with all of you. If the cards fall right hopefully within a year I will be opening a small outdoor store in the hill country. I have no intentions of stocking anything for modern archery other than arrows and broad heads. However I fully intend to have bows in stock, production and hopefully a few from custom makers. I want to get heavily into the built to order arrow game. I would like to keep a broad selection of heads as well.

So other than the above I would love opinions on what else all of you would like to see walking into an archery section. If you feel so inclined to suggest items not related to archery by all means fire away!

Thanks,

Jacob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aluminum shafts and wood shafts. Feathers full length and choppers etc. Strings and maybe something like rms gear where you can consignment sell your bow. Maybe hook up with a leather guy and sell quivers arm guards tabs etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dkincaid View Post
      Aluminum shafts and wood shafts. Feathers full length and choppers etc. Strings and maybe something like rms gear where you can consignment sell your bow. Maybe hook up with a leather guy and sell quivers arm guards tabs etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
      X2⬆️
      Where at in the hill country??

Comment

Originally posted by bmc09 View Post
        X2

Where at in the hill country??

Somewhere around San Marcos/new braunfels. It is still very much a dream at the moment, still in the planning stages.

Comment

Arm guards gloves tabs strings . Sarrels bows quivers

Comment

I think the above about has it, but the idea of aluminum and wood shafts sound GREAT to me. If you go through with this and make it happen, PLEASE keep us updated. I would not mind being able to order cut feathers, woods or maybe whatever from a Texas guy. Not many traditional bow shops, especially in Texas.
            Obviously you cannot stock the world, but selections of Broadheads, and arrows would get my attention if they were more geared toward the traditional side of bow hunting.

Comment

If you don't already know how, I would learn to make quality custom strings.

Comment

I'd start with the essentials, good selection of shafting and arrow building materials, field points, Brodhead's, glues, feathers, nocks, fletching jigs, inserts, etc. Strings and string making materials, tabs, gloves, silencers, etc. Bows are going to be hard to keep a large inventory of (Expensive) but the availability to try out and order as a customer needs, would be good. As mentioned above, quality leathergoods is always a seller. Being able to provide built up arrows and strings will also be a must. Just some suggestions.

LD

Comment

While you may wish to 'specialize' in traditional archery gear, IMO you will need to appeal to a much larger target audience to stay in business very long.

Comment

bow consignment sounds good

Comment

Easy online ordering.

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
                        While you may wish to 'specialize' in traditional archery gear, IMO you will need to appeal to a much larger target audience to stay in business very long.

Oh without a doubt. I just know you do not find to many places with a store front that carries any kind of traditional gear. I have no intentions of having an archery shop. Just a good quality trad section.

I am no where near opening, like I said this is more of a dream right now. I appreciate the input.

Comment

heavy weight inserts for fellas wanting high FOC

Comment

Working...
                          X