Flemish (Fury) Twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flemish (Fury) Twist

Made my first Flemish twist string for a friend in Idaho. Hate the color but green is hug favorite. I didn't have any fast flight or Dacron so I used Brownell fury!
    Attached Files

That's pretty cool.

Comment

String looks good. I have never used Fury, but all I have read about it says it is a great string material!

Bisch

Comment

Works real well Bisch made 4 sets so far an my bows are really quiet and shoot a lot better. I even made a silencer out of it lol

Comment

That's great! I'm a creature of habit though, and once I find something that works well, I tend to stick with it, so I'll just be using my D97 strings like always!

If you change string material, it can change your tune. I got it all figured out with my current setup, so I just stay with it.

Bisch

Comment

I'm with u on that creature of habit thing, I'm exactally the same.

Comment

Looks good to me.

Comment

Nice looking string.

By the way - Fury is just one of many types of low stretch / fast flight string materials.

Rick

Comment

I need to try something like fury or d-97. I've only used b-50. I guess because I have 10 spools of it. That's a nice string sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigthumper View Post
                    I need to try something like fury or d-97. I've only used b-50. I guess because I have 10 spools of it. That's a nice string sir.
                    If your bow is rated for low stretch string material, you will get better performance out of the bow with a low stretch string, and there is a good chance you will get a quieter bow also! Both are pluses in mybook.

Bisch

Comment

Never tried Fury string material, but i have have a string that looks just like you made . I have had about a year already I don't remember the material but it's not fury. Shot it once but the flogreen was too bright in the sun and I could see it in the corner of my eye glowing. But still a good looking string you made .

Comment

I like the color.

Comment

that will catch people's attention

Comment

I just got a new string from Allen Shafer of Ten Ring Strings. It's made of fury and is by far the best string I've ever had. Much better feeling than the strings that I've had made of dyneema. Very nice work and service.

Comment

I think the Fury works really well and has a soft feeling because of the smaller strands.
                              Mine are holding up really well so far.

Comment

Working...
                              X