Boerne area 3D shoot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boerne area 3D shoot.

Had a friend ask me to go with him this Saturday. 10 minutes from my house so I am gonna give it a try. Looks like they have a Trad division for me to shoot in. Anyone heard of these guys?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is this gonna be the only one?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
      Is this gonna be the only one?

I have no idea. Just found out about it. I may be the only trad shooter there but I don't have anything else going Saturday.

Comment

3D is a blast speck1. But don't judge this one against all others. There are a lot of all trad events out there too.

Have fun!

Bisch

Comment

I'm heading to the coast

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            3D is a blast speck1. But don't judge this one against all others. There are a lot of all trad events out there too.

Have fun!

Bisch
            I had planned on making some 3D events with you guys this spring. My boys high school baseball schedule and some bad elbow tendonitis have had me shutdown for the last couple months. Hope I don't lose all my arrows!

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
              I had planned on making some 3D events with you guys this spring. My boys high school baseball schedule and some bad elbow tendonitis have had me shutdown for the last couple months. Hope I don't lose all my arrows!
              Haha! The first 3D shoot I went to with a trad bow, I had a quiver full of arrows, and had to borrow one on the last target because every one of mine was either lost, broken, or too bent to shoot! I was a little greener then than you are now though!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                Haha! The first 3D shoot I went to with a trad bow, I had a quiver full of arrows, and had to borrow one on the last target because every one of mine was either lost, broken, or too bent to shoot! I was a little greener then than you are now though!

Bisch
                That doesn't make me feel very hopeful. I get mad at myself when I break one arrow much less a quiver full. They don't make you shoot at squirrels 30 yards out do they? Maybe I should take some beater arrows for the longer shots.

Comment

That doesn't make me feel very hopeful. I get mad at myself when I break one arrow much less a quiver full. They don't make you shoot at squirrels 30 yards out do they? Maybe I should take some beater arrows for the longer shots.

So you can't hit a squirrel at 30 yards???? If it makes you feel any better I'm taking up my new elite that I set up today! Apparently there's a 40 yard max for everyone. I hope they don't make you trad guys shoot that far. Spoke to them today and they said the course is still subject to change! Should be fun either way. Looking forward to breaking and/or losing some arrows with the group this weekend!

Comment

Leading edge archery is the new bow shop in town down by lung fung and the old buckles bar. I'm guessing they are putting the shoot on. I've been in there a couple of times and the owner seems pretty cool and knowledgable.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhorn View Post
                      So you can't hit a squirrel at 30 yards???? If it makes you feel any better I'm taking up my new elite that I set up today! Apparently there's a 40 yard max for everyone. I hope they don't make you trad guys shoot that far. Spoke to them today and they said the course is still subject to change! Should be fun either way. Looking forward to breaking and/or losing some arrows with the group this weekend!
                      I bet I can hit a squirrel at 30 as long as Bisch loans me his arrows. I will pack some flu flu's for the 40 yarder.

Comment

Sorry, but my FMJ's cost too much to sacrifice on a 30yd skwirel!!!

If they set it up correctly, there will be a closer stake that the trad class shoots from. Most shots should be 20yds or less. There should also be some pretty short shots, and a few stretched out shots, but the stretched out ones are on bigger animals most of the time. Every place does things a little different. If whoever sets the shooting stakes knows nothing about trad, it will likely be pretty tough. If it turns out that this shoot is very hard, don't judge against it. Come out to a TBoT shoot sometime, and you will see what it is supposed to be like for us. I hope they set a good enjoyable course for you. 3D is an AWESOME game that we get to play with our bow!

Bisch
                        Last edited by Bisch; 04-12-2016, 07:18 AM.

Comment

I survived my first 3D shoot. I shot my 55# longbow. It was a 20 target course in the wind and rain. I shot 165 with no missed targets or lost arrows. I see why you guys have fun doing this. Looking forward to doing it again.

Comment

I survived my first 3D shoot. I shot my 55# longbow. It was a 20 target course in the wind and rain. I shot 165 with no missed targets or lost arrows. I see why you guys have fun doing this. Looking forward to doing it again.
                            Good job! Averaging 8s is an incredible feat for your first shoot. I averaged 5s and have yet to average 8s yet.

Comment

Speck did well. I've been hunting with him for years and he's making me think about going Trad again. I can say I learned a lot and need to get some fat stick arrows to punch out the close ones. Carbon express reds set up for hunting got it done today but looking forward to stepping more into it. Well done Speck1!

Comment

Working...
                              X