New String Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New String Needed

I'm new to the trad deal. So need some help and opinions.

I have a Sarrels Longbow. 58". So a 55" string is want I want to order correct? What material should I go with and where do I order from?

Thanks guys.

I like b-50. You can order it and everything else you need from 3 rivers archery. They're pretty good other than their ten dollar shipping on everything. I buy full spools and make my own Flemish twist strings. Two spools will last you a long time. They also sale made up strings in various lengths.

Comment

I always prefer to get my strings from the bow maker if I can

Comment

If you don't get your new string from Bob, then get a string that is the same material and strand count. I believe Bob uses D97 for his strings, but you should at least ask him to make sure of strand count. If you go with a diffrent matrial there is a good chance you will have to retune your bow, as one string material produces different performance than another material will.

Bisch

Comment

I second what Bisch said. If you are going to order one, just order one from Bob. If you have a buddy who can twist one up for you, just try to match the material and strand count (ask Bob what he put on there for you to begin with.)

Comment

Bob has 'em from what I seen on his site...somewhere in the neighborhood of 16$

Comment

I sent him an email. I didn't see them listed on his website.

Comment

Whenever you buy a string always get at least 2 or 3. It is easy to get an extra string broke in then remove it for your backup.

Comment

Do you know if the bow is fast flight compatible? That will play a big role is what longbow string material you can use.

Comment

Working...
                  X