Swing from 10 yards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing from 10 yards

I do not believe it is a milestone, but felt nice to connect a few times.
    Set-up: 2 cycle oil bottle filled with expanding foam and dirt, 4 lb test fishing line, 55lb Montana longbow and Easton XX75's in 400 spine.
    Just a fun way to end the evening, though I hope to be able to make this shot at twenty soon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dry Bones; 03-31-2016, 07:59 PM. Reason: Wrong 2nd picture

Nice

Comment

Nice !!!!

Rick

Comment

I have done that a bunch with a wiffle golf ball tied to the end of the string. It does feel good when you hit it!

Good shooting!

Bisch

Comment

Nice. Just curious, why the expanding foam?

Comment

The foam makes it possible to shoot the target a little longer, and the dirt is for weight.
            Thanks for the comments.

Comment

Nice

What is your backstop?

Comment

The backstop is a trailer mat/ rubber mat. Tractor supply sells them. I built a 2X6 frame and hung it with screws, should have been done with better bolts, but this works for now. If you just fasten the top and leave the rest to move it does work better.

Comment

Comment

BTW, I think it is definitely a milestone. I learned from one of the best early on, that you gotta have fun. Shots like that are fun and rewarding... and are practical too.

I like to blow up small balloons and shoot them in the back yards with small game heads. I really like it when the wind picks up a little and they start dancing around the yard like rabbits. When I draw on one and it starts to move and I have to swing on it and judge the distance on the fly... and it still goes POP!... makes me smile every time. If I have had a bad day of shooting the day before... I bring out those balloons to cheer me up.

In fact, I was shooting in the backyard yesterday when my wife was next to me in the garden. I had blown up for small balloons and set them near the back stop at varying distances. I was at ~16 yards and on the first shot the blue one when POP! My wife turned around and looked at me and said "You just love that sound, don't you?" .... "Yup!"
                    Last edited by SwampRabbit; 04-01-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Artificial yard rabbits. Going to have to try it. Maybe leave some even smaller- large bird to gopher sized.. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Some good ideas here. Little rewards do seem to help. And heck they are just fun. "Yard Rabbits" are an awesome idea!

Comment

Very cool. Those sound like some really fun ideas.

Comment

Working...
                          X