Easter Shot Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter Shot Challenge

If you have the time today, give this a go.

Candy or plastic Easter egg suspended at 30 yards.

How many shots will it take you to bust it?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

God Bless & Happy Easter !!!!

Rick

I won't get a chance to try it today, but might give it a go tomorrow or Tuesday.

Comment

I had my kiddos save thier plastic eggs for targets.... but.... I'd need a bigger yard to pull off 30. In for the results.

Comment

For some reason, Rick, watching that video of you busting that egg on the second arrow reminds me of the old Saturday Night Live sketch with Wayne and Garth:

"We are unworthy, we are unworthy, we are unworthy."

Great shooting!

Comment

Hey Rick, just got to watch the video and I noticed your first shot bounced off the backstop. What head were you using?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
            Hey Rick, just got to watch the video and I noticed your first shot bounced off the backstop. What head were you using?
            It's the same arrows & heads I use for small game.
            Vantage Point Archery SGT (Small Game Thumper) 175gr.

The backstop has several inches of foam, and a screen/net on the face of it, so it stops arrows pretty good, and will bounce off anything blunt most of the time.

Rick
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
              It's the same arrows & heads I use for small game.
              Vantage Point Archery SGT (Small Game Thumper) 175gr.

The backstop has several inches of foam, and a screen/net on the face of it, so it stops arrows pretty good, and will bounce off anything blunt most of the time.

Rick
              Okay, I figured it had to be a blunt of some sort. I've been shooting a lot with the small game heads I made up with a screw, nuts and wingnut and the bounce back when it hits the stall mats can be quite far.

Of course now I have another questions. The shaft in the picture looks like it is tapered aluminum. Never seen them before. What are they?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                I have another question. The shaft in the picture looks like it is tapered aluminum. Never seen them before. What are they?
                Micro diameter carbon shafts with an aluminum outsert for the screw in points.
                These shafts are only 1/4" in diameter. The outsert takes them up to fit 9/32" diameter points.

Rick
                Attached Files

Comment

That head looks like a more aggressive version of the Ace Hex.

The Ace Hex is a good compromise for me. Doesn't dive under grass, usually flips, kills well, but not TOO destructive.

Joe
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by RoyseCity; 03-28-2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

While y'all are workin on that one, give this one a try also.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Rick

Comment

Impressive Rick!

Comment

Working...
                      X