Found a Super Grizzly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a Super Grizzly

I picked up a rt hand Bear Super Grizzly yesterday on Craigslist for a good price. It has some use scratches but otherwise in great shape. I wiped it down with denatured alcohol and most of what appeared to be scratches came off so they were paint scuffs. Shoots pretty good even though the string is a rope thats too long. So want to make a new string and then shoot it through the chronograph. Bear did a good job on these, looking at the FD curve it stores pretty good energy so it will be interesting to see how much it transfers to the arrow. I'll probably sell it though since I'm left handed and its a righty.
    Here are two force draw curves for the Griz. One for 28" and one for 30". Now if the wind settles down I'll try to get some chronograph readings.
    28"

30" starts to stack

What program is that

Comment

Well not too bad for a stock bow. Though the brace height is only 7" with a 55" string and I know people are saying 8+" for the brace height. That would require a 54" string which looks way to short. This thing is whisper quiet even with 3 fingers under with some small yarn puffs for silencers. No unusual hand shock either.

Here's a profile picture with the 7" brace height.

Comment

Little John its called draw curve calculator and you can download it here. Simple and accurate. On my last post I paste in data from a spreadsheet I have but I like the adjustability of this program
        Draw curve calculator

Comment

That is a nice looking bow... and an equally nice set of specs!

Comment

Super Grizz is my very first trad bow I bought. Same era as whats pictured early to mid 70s. What is the draw weight? I would expect it to shoot approx, 175 to 185 fps with what ever you shoot thru it. These are some real nice bows. I have several grizzlies. 1 being my Super Grizz.

Comment

Greyman its right under 47# at 28". Shoots nice and is quiet. Too bad I'm left-handed.

Comment

Sold pending payment

Comment

Working...
                X