Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done!

Comment

Good goin Swampy! Congrats on the successful hunt, and especially your first javi! Sounds like a good time...better watch shootin that ol longbow too much, don't want The Green Lantern to start gathering dust Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Well done, and a good write up.

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
          Good goin Swampy! Congrats on the successful hunt, and especially your first javi! Sounds like a good time...better watch shootin that ol longbow too much, don't want The Green Lantern to start gathering dust Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
          Thanks Rusty! It was a blast.

It is funny. I did feel like I was cheatin a bit on my widow when I strung up the longbow. It was like it was screaming that it wasn't done killing! But I don't think it has anything to worry about. While it was fun trying something a little different, those longer limbs were a huge pain in the butt while I was trying to navigate through all the tangle brush chasing those rabbits. I also couldn't take a few shots that I could have with the widow because of limb clearance, etc. When I was hunting with the longbow... if they ran from the edge to deeper into the brush, I didn't bother getting out of the buggy. And on that last day, while Tim was on a stalk and out of view, I grabbed my widow and started walking through the brush looking for a rabbit or two to add to the tally.

Now... if I find a 2 piece, 58" longbow, with less hand shock, that weighs next to nothing... my widow might have something to worry about when I am out spot and stalking small game.

Comment

uummmm...Longbow...
            I need to get out and bust some bunnies...

Comment

Good times! Congrats!!

Comment

That was a good story, and well-told.

Joe

Comment

Working...
                X