The Prodigal(s) Returned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Prodigal(s) Returned

I'm soon to turn 67 and have been shooting Traditional Bows since I was about 5. My Dad made me a bow from a Willow limb and I shot willow sticks for arrows with only a string nock, a groove cut with a knife. When I was 16, I bought my first real recurve, a Shakespeare Neceda from Woolworth.

As I aged, I found the true passion for this sport and have owned (and sold) more bows than I could ever count or recall. Of the scores of bows I have owned and let go, I have a handful that I really regretting selling.

The first bow was a Massie Longhorn that I really loved and sold several years ago. Through a coincidence, I saw a couple of years ago that Tippit had this bow and after several e-Mails and pleads, he agreed to sell it back to me. There is nothing magical about this bow but just one I really loved and appreciate the chance to own it again.

My second "Prodigal" was a Thunderhorn 3-piece takedown that I bought new from Duane about 4 years ago. This was the most beautiful bow (in my eyes anyway) that I had ever seen or owned. I felt it was too pretty to take to the field and sold it to Chromebuck in Alaska. As fate would have it, I just received this bow back again from Carcajou and it will never leave me again. It looks and performs just like it did when I bought it.

I can only think of a couple more I would like to have back and who knows...they might just find their way home like the Prodigal.

Thanks for reading and God bless.

Good Deal!

Comment

Good deal, that don't happen very often.

Comment

Cool stuff.

I only regret selling one bow, a Howard Hill Wesley Special, but I take comfort in the fact that the guy I sold it to loves it even more than I did.

Joe

Comment

Working...
        X