Measuring draw weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
    The difference will be ridiculously small, but the OP asked if there would be any difference. From an engineering standpoint yes, but probably about 3 decimal places back. Sorry to blow up the trad thread.
    No need to apologize... although more than 3 posts and hour does constitute blowing up the trad forum

Interestingly enough, the powers that be were/are thinking about getting rid of the trad forum and was open to feedback. My main reason for saying I thought it wasn't a good idea was because there are enough differences between compound shooting/hunting and trad shooting/hunting to merit a separate forum where somebody could see the context.

But... while your here... pick up a trad bow and have some fun Next time you see Andy or Todd, they should be able to get you hooked up!!!!

Comment

Eddie, speaking as the OP, you were a pure blessing. Apology not just unnecessary, but 180 degrees out of phase.

Your discussion with Swamprabbit, initiated by you, made me understand the whole stinking deal more deeply than I could have otherwise.

Thanks, both. What a resource!

Joe

Comment

Yes it will affect your reading on the scale. Probably minimal with the nylon rope but it will not be the same as if it were on a solid point.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          No need to apologize... although more than 3 posts and hour does constitute blowing up the trad forum

Interestingly enough, the powers that be were/are thinking about getting rid of the trad forum and was open to feedback. My main reason for saying I thought it wasn't a good idea was because there are enough differences between compound shooting/hunting and trad shooting/hunting to merit a separate forum where somebody could see the context.

But... while your here... pick up a trad bow and have some fun Next time you see Andy or Todd, they should be able to get you hooked up!!!!
          I think Andy is having a gtg in March. Check out that thread. Would be nice to meet.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
            I think Andy is having a gtg in March. Check out that thread. Would be nice to meet.
            Yep, I was following it... don't think I'll be able to make it on the date they are settling on.

Comment

Dang, y'all sound like engineers, lol....

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                Dang, y'all sound like engineers, lol....
                I pretend to be one from 9-5

Comment

Working...
                X