Bow Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Recommendation

Had an old PSE Rage from 1996 I just got rid of not long ago since I couldn't use it anymore.

Going to get a mount for the wheelchair to support the bow but with my lack of upper body strength and not being able to use a strong pull anymore I was curious if there would be anything you could recommend.

I would still like to hunt and target shoot if possible. It would need to be light weight with a light draw weight but I wasn't sure how low of a draw weight you could go to still be effective in hunting.

Well, you started this in the traditional forum, so I am assuming you are asking about trad bows. You can definitely accomplish the light mass weight goal by going trad. Some longbows only weigh in under 2#.

You also talk about having a loss of upper body strength, so I am not sure how the zero letoff of a trad bow is going to be for you??? I think It actually takes more upper body strength to fully draw a trad bow with zero letoff than a comparable weight compound.

Good luck to you!

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 02-23-2016, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Check out this site and let us know what situation you find yourself in.

You mention not having a lot of upper body strength, but is your goal to hold the bow yourself and shoot, or use a crossbow, etc? If you are holding the bow yourself, I'd think the configuration of your chair would have an impact. If you have a side rail/arm rest, then that can inhibit your shooting. If not, then most all bows can be shot seated (In hunting situations I am seated 90% of the time.)

You mentioned a mount, which made me instantly think of a crossbow, and they do apparently have electric cocking devices.

Comment

Working...
      X