No announcement yet.

My new longbow is in its way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've owned HH bows, and like them. For me the flatbow type (Cheetah) had more shock than the deep core (Wesley).

I find the same thing in the Great Northern bows I'm shooting now. My Bushbow (flatbow) is thumpier than my Critter Gitter (deep core).They both shoot the same arrows to the same place, though.

My GN bows are both 64", share interchangeable strings, and shoot to the same point. 64# and 66# at 28". As close to a fair comparison as you are likely to find. They are built on the same form.

I prefer the grip of the GN over the HH, but limb profiles are similar, and the bows perform similarly in my experience.

Overall, though, hand shock isn't much of an issue to me.

A 454 Casull revolver shooting a 360 grain bullet at 1500fps? That's hand shock.

If a bow thumps a little and shoots straight, I'm happy.

Joe
    Last edited by RoyseCity; 02-23-2016, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I usually make my own arrows but I'm going to get a set from jeffro. I am really digging this stick and want to feed it some premium arrows. My goal is to match my recurve scores with this bow.

Comment

Its all in how you shoot a Hill style. shoot it like a Recurve your not gonna like it.

Comment

here's how its done
          Attached Files

Comment

My mustache isn't that hipster but it's close

Comment

Working...
            X