No announcement yet.

Colorado Elk 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, camp would be near the boundary between 61 and 62, so we could camp together, whichever area your tag was in.

I also know some good spots on Grand Mesa, so we could move 50 miles if no luck on the Uncompahgre.

Joe

Comment

Down was always the hardest on me, make sure your toe nails are clipped & then I wrapped my knee's

Comment

Tagged for later

Comment

I want to/plan on tryin elk hunt in Colorado this year for my 30th. Will be my first time. You prob don't want someone like me on your hunting team but I would er make a good Mack mule for any teachings y'all could give me. I'm die hard about bowhunting but elk is a new game for me so all and any info is greatly appreciated. I know the first thing I need to do is get in shape. I feel comfortable shooting my bow out 80 yards and can hold a good group to be effective.

Thanks

Comment

I'm going back this Year for the last two weeks in September. Missed last year Due to some thoughtless Wedding planning for Mid September.

Comment

I hunted in 70. Unit 62 is also OTC so no points needed to hunt there.
              I am game. I have an offroad trailer with a rtt to camp in. I would be shooting a compound bow.

Comment

So area 62 is good but does it have to be bow hunting? Theres OTC rifle tags for other seasons, its cool if bow is preferred I figured I would just ask.

Comment

Originally posted by ballfroguy View Post
                  So area 62 is good but does it have to be bow hunting? Theres OTC rifle tags for other seasons, its cool if bow is preferred I figured I would just ask.
                  Second rifle would be ok but by that time there is prolly snow on the ground and it gets COLD..

Comment

Well, I can already tell this wasn't a great idea. Sorry.

Best of luck, all. Maybe we'll meet on the mountain.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by RoyseCity View Post
                      Well, I can already tell this wasn't a great idea. Sorry.

Best of luck, all. Maybe we'll meet on the mountain.

Joe
                      What why? I was asking about rifle because this will be my first year ever applying and 61 you need like 10 points. I probly wont get 62 bow/rifle first season maybe left over tags but DEFF OTC. I would like to go but as you can tell being a first timer on a draw im limited by many circumstances. If all fails through ill go as a pack mule and learn the ways. Unless your backing out of this?

Comment

To be clear for all, I am new here.

I thought when I posted on the Traditional forum, it stayed here.

I'm not sure yet why that was not the case, but it obviously was not.

I have no ill feelings towards riflemen, compound shooters, or any other ethical hunters.

Lord knows we have enough common enemies without fighting amongst ourselves.

I only view the Traditional forum. I only post here. I thought I was just posting here.

Again, best to all. My mistake. Sorry. No more PMs, please.

Learn to cow call. That is all. :-)

Joe

Comment

Joe, there is a list of "Recent Posts" that go on the home page, so a lot of folks see stuff from all forums there.

Bisch

Comment

That didn't take long to implode...

Comment

Working...
                            X