• Show
Clear All

Your best trad shot

[IMG]Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1456167796507.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	25080966[/IMG] post the pictures of your best trad shot EVER

I'll take a picture tonight... My groups are always better for the computer, lol.

Comment

No pics, but my best and worst were one and the same.

I was roving on the Uncompahgre Plateau in Colorado a few years ago. 9000+'.

A Mountain Bluebird landed about 50 yards away. Tiny, gorgeous little bird. 1"x3" overall.

Cool target! No way I'll hit him!

Bummer was, I did.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by RoyseCity View Post
        No pics, but my best and worst were one and the same.

I was roving on the Uncompahgre Plateau in Colorado a few years ago. 9000+'.

A Mountain Bluebird landed about 50 yards away. Tiny, gorgeous little bird. 1"x3" overall.

Cool target! No way I'll hit him!

Bummer was, I did.

Joe
        Guess that's why they say not to shoot at things you don't intend to kill.

Comment

Yes Sir!

Lesson learned.

Joe

Comment

I was hunting with Chunky for the first time.
            He talked me into shooting a Ibex in a pouring down rain storm.
            My first shot was too far back and after a half hour it was still on its feet.
            We jumped it in a pasture, it was raining so hard it was tough to see it.
            I drew back and was tracking it across the pasture
            Mark said " it's too " and the arrow was away.
            It arched up into the storm and some how landed in the Ibex with a solid whack.

If it had not been wounded, I would have never tried that shot as it was way out in the field.

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good

Comment

My best shot with my recurve was when I actually hit the target. Not brave enough to try them on game.

Comment

I'll play, while the pic isn't anything particular special, the cool part was that the shot was about 20 ft below and about 18 yards away in a running creek. The gar was swimming down the opposite shore line and pinned it to the mud.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have only shared this picture with one other person. This picture is engraved in my mind at what the possibilities are. No matter how bad I am shooting I think about this sight.

Last edited by SwampRabbit; 02-22-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Nice scott

Comment

For the video "Enter the Archer" by Rivers Edge Productions. I was guiding a hunter and cameraman after Javalina. It was still early in the day and the javies wouldn't be out for another hour, by my previous scouting. Rabbits were everywhere and they wanted to get some filler footage, so we set out after bunnies. The hunter took a couple shots with his high tech bow and rangefinder. He missed a few times and after me laughing he challenges me.to take one. All I had was my longbow in my pickup so I strung it up. First shot was way high (I'd been bowfishing earlier and my mind was still on fiberglass arrow) but my second was on the money. 25yrd shot with a longbow and wood arrows on video and published.
                      My best was with the same bow on a quail with another hunter. He asked me if it was possible to hit anything with such a primitive weapon. I just smiled and said let's see. Picked a bird in the covey told him which one and took my shot. Beautiful arch, perfect flight and a decapitated quail. He volunteered to retrieve my arrow and bird. When he got back, he was shaking his head in disbelieve. Kept muttering 56 steps. I asked him if he wanted me to try again and he said once was enough. Lol

Comment

Scott, is that the broadhead sticking out or the nock?

Nice pic either way...

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by RoyseCity View Post
                          Scott, is that the broadhead sticking out or the nock?

Nice pic either way...

Joe
                          It is the Zwickey end. I was so nervous taking up the track for that deer. So uncertain of the outcome of what looked to be my first successful shot on a deer with a trad bow. I was by myself and it was raining.

I was following the trail when I looked right. The amount of relief that I felt when I saw it. The Zwickey in the air, like the flag on the moon, leaving no doubt that I killed it with traditional gear.

Comment

My best shot was on a turkey. Those things are almost impossible to get drawn on!

Click image for larger version

Name:	turkey8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	24432332

Comment

My best shot was on a Bobcat. I was sitting on a platform about 5 feet off the ground waiting on some pigs. I had the bow laying across my lap. I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. I turned my head and saw a bobcat walking about 12 yds out. I raised my bow, touched anchor and dropped the string. From when I first noticed movement till the arrow sliced through the cat was only a few seconds. The cat died in sight.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X