Traditional bow in classifieds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional bow in classifieds

Why are all the traditional bows in the classifieds always so high in the draw weights? There are 2 there now and they are in excess of 50 lbs.

I would buy another one if they were 45 or so pounds.

Maybe in just really out of shape.

Bows show up in the range you are looking for.........but they sell faster because more folks are looking in that range. The higher weight bows have a smaller customer base, so sometimes they hang around waiting for the right guy to see it.

Bisch

Comment

You might consider the gym.

Comment

Heck, I thought I was always in shorts. Actually I still am, you just got the handle. :-)

Speaking of the classifieds, what a HELLHOLE!!!

I offered up my kayak, and it went off the first page inside an hour, with people bumping their own ads for everything under the sun every hour to keep them on page 1.

So much for a genteel place where sportsmen can get together and trade the tools of the chase.

Need some tires? A stereo? Tickets to a concert in Las Vegas?

I finally just left my phone number and said adios.

Joe

Comment

Oh, and while I may be always in shorts, my bow pulls a full sixty pounds.

No gym for me. My gym is right outside my door.

I call it a pasture.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
            You might consider the gym.
            Bob, I have to meet you one of these days.

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
              Bob, I have to meet you one of these days.
              Ha ha y'all and bisch can work out together ben

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
                Ha ha y'all and bisch can work out together ben
                You know all I work out with is a fork, lol

Comment

Lol

Comment

The bow I have FS in classifieds right now is 50# at 28" but I only pull around 27". This puts it under 50#. We buy bows to fit the range we want. 40 -45 # is the most popular range. I like 46-48 #. I just don't have time to practice. Seems unethical for me to try and hunt with it if I don't have the time to put in. One day I will be able to go back to traditional when my boys get older.

Speaking of classifieds check out this awesome Sarrels BR FS

Comment

Well, despite my irritation with the classifieds, I just bought a bow there.

All y'all with your Sarrels love just wore me out. :-)

Bought a Blue Ridge SR, 62" 57#. I called Bob Sarrels this morning, and he could not have been more friendly or helpful. He was interested in the bow, who was selling it, and how it might suit me.

I see why y'all speak so highly of him.

Btw, it is coming with a Kanati bow quiver and a shooting glove for which I have no use.

If you need either, let me know. I'll sell them cheap. Or trade for something.

Oh, and thanks Bisch, for the help and advice on the bow and transaction.

Joe

Comment

I have one I bought here, and never shot it. I think it is 45#. I'll look and see if I can find original post, if you are interested.
                        Last edited by BrianL; 02-18-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Sorry it is a Martin Savannah Longbow its 50 lbs @ 28 inches. Looks like I gave $350 and would take the same.

Comment

Brian,
                            if alwaysinshorts isn't interested I would like to shoot it. Ill PM you my cell.

David
                            Last edited by Abcdj; 02-18-2016, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              Bows show up in the range you are looking for.........but they sell faster because more folks are looking in that range. The higher weight bows have a smaller customer base, so sometimes they hang around waiting for the right guy to see it.

Bisch
                              This is what I have noticed as well. I do think that folks do tend to hold on to lighter weight bows more so than heavier weight bows that they just don't shoot any more. As you get older, you realize that you are not likely to shoot that heavy bow you shot when you were younger... however, why ditch a lightweight bow that you may decide you want to shoot again down the road.

Comment

Working...
                              X