No announcement yet.

Hello...My name is Doug and I am a Bowaholic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try to stay off these threads because I don't want to admit I have a problem lol. I have 9 right now (going to sell 5 of the 9) and sold 11 this year already.

My problem is the buying and selling. Shoot my Tradtech Titan thats my go to bow, I've sold it twice to people I don't know and ended up getting it back through various trades.......

Comment

The biting bug got me again. I saw the price increase on Bear Archery's site night before last. I had hoped on buying a 60# Montana this summer, but cannot justify another 100.00 for the same bow I could have already bought for less. So...
      Knowing better I surfed the bay
      and now I have one on its way.

Comment

I'm not that bad compared to some I only got 2 recurves 3 longbows and 1 selfbow

Comment

I just acquired a Red Wing Hunter last night and I am negotiating for another old Shakespeare. If I get that one too, all of my bows except two will be around 50 years old.
          But I sold a high end bow Tuesday and got some $ to play with. Having fun.

Comment

I have 6 recurves, but shoot only one most days.

My favorite is a 62" 55@28" Sweptwing recurve, I can't put mine down!

Comment

As I mentioned above, I have limited space.

One nice thing about 1-piece longbows is that they don't take up much of that. They bundle up real well.

I fully intended to sell 2 when I fell in love at first shot with my Sarrels BlueRidge, but didn't get around to boxing them up and sending them off to RMSGear.

Got the urge to shoot one of them today. An old friend, seemed like. A thumpy, perfect-form-demanding old friend, but an old friend nonetheless. :-)

I'd still pick the BlueRidge if had to pick, and intend to take it to Big Oak next weekend, Colorado next fall, and Africa next year, as it's much easier to shoot, but that Great Northern is still a great bow, and there is something about the challenge of a Hill-style bow.

I reckon it and its near twin brother can stay, after all.

Joe
              Last edited by RoyseCity; 03-24-2016, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X